Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Getting 1 year extra out of Cam is not as important to the club's continuing dynasty as getting 5 years out of both Brandon and Harry. Lock them in for 4 years each on the proviso that Cam will retire or move on.

Brandon and Harry need to commit first before Cam makes his move or else the club loses all leverage, Brandon and Harry's asking price will continue to rise if the order is reversed.

Right now, Brandon is the 3rd best Hooker on the team, I could give a rats about how he performed in the Maori side, 1 rep game is not enough to justify his move to 9. The way he plays he is a lock.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's only selfish of Smith if he's purposely dragging it out for personal gain. Think with everything going on around the world and at the club makes this a tougher situation than it would normally be. Knowing him he's probably thought long and hard about doing the unselfish thing and finishing up so it doesn't hurt the Storm.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What a KENT of an article!

Anyway, the pressure is building. I just hope this get solved soon.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A 'Kent' of an article. 😂 I love it. Vote for Kent, Hooper and Weidler to be used in place of swear words on this site from now on.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:54 pm A 'Kent' of an article. 😂 I love it. Vote for Kent, Hooper and Weidler to be used in place of swear words on this site from now on.
Agreed ! By the way, Sean Hampstead is the greatest Hooper of all time .
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:56 pm What a KENT of an article!
:lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cams wife posted on his insta tonight and it sure sounds like a retirement post to me

I’m gonna cry if it end up being true...I can handle retirement but to go without a goodbye at aami Nuh that’s just wrong 😭
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:03 am Cams wife posted on his insta tonight and it sure sounds like a retirement post to me

I’m gonna cry if it end up being true...I can handle retirement but to go without a goodbye at aami Nuh that’s just wrong 😭
Not so sure. My wife just found it and reckons it's more of a support/appreciation post. Could be retiring still, but, the message there doesn't say much either way.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

News this morning is that Lionel Messi wants to leave Barcelona.... makes me worried, like a bad sign! I would never have imagined Messi leaving Barcelona, just like I would have never imagined Cam leaving Melbourne.

For those not into the round ball, Messi went through Barcelona's youth system and made his debut in 2004 and has only ever played there (about 500 games). He is also considered the GOAT, hence the similarities to Smith
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like Leutele was at training today
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Interesting article from The Age today, Matt Tripp says we'll keep all 3 !

'We'll keep all three': Storm keen to retain Grant and both Smiths
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/nrl/we- ... 55p7a.html
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:19 am
sallymay wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:03 am Cams wife posted on his insta tonight and it sure sounds like a retirement post to me

Not so sure. My wife just found it and reckons it's more of a support/appreciation post. Could be retiring still, but, the message there doesn't say much either way.
The more I’ve thought about the more I think it was I direct retaliation to Kent on 360 saying he was selfish...her first words were he is Selfless

Still think retirement but there’s a chance he might keep going
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting to see we're looking at Alex Johnston
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:17 pm Interesting to see we're looking at Alex Johnston
Gee I hope so. Great attacking player, great speed,, finds the try line , and Craig will fix up his defence .
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:02 pm Looks like Leutele was at training today
Excellent .