Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

When you watch Harry Grant - it’s kind of like a blend of what you love to watch in both Brandon and Cam Smith in one player.

He has to be playing 80 mins for the Storm next year.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:28 pm When you watch Harry Grant - it’s kind of like a blend of what you love to watch in both Brandon and Cam Smith in one player.

He’s too good not to play 80 for Storm every week.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:53 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:28 pm When you watch Harry Grant - it’s kind of like a blend of what you love to watch in both Brandon and Cam Smith in one player.

He’s too good not to play 80 for Storm every week.
He was just best on in game 3 on playing 56 mins in my opinion but Munster was close.

The dual 9s with Friend and Grant was interesting but did limit Harry’s influence.

Still would love to see Cam, Brandon and Harry together
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do whatever it takes to make the man our next great long term #9
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I love Cam, but I hate the Will he play or not narrative. It’s such a drag on everyone.

Club needs to come out and say we are playing Harry next year regardless of what Cam is doing. I want to hear Harry say I can’t wait to get down to the Storm, not we will see what happens after Byron
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:27 pm I love Cam, but I hate the Will he play or not narrative. It’s such a drag on everyone.

Club needs to come out and say we are playing Harry next year regardless of what Cam is doing. I want to hear Harry say I can’t wait to get down to the Storm, not we will see what happens after Byron

Agreed. That was poor optics for the Club. Harry should have a good idea of his future and be able to say...Yep...raring to play 80 mins every week for Storm. To our Club.....if you’re reading this....just get it done.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:22 pm Do whatever it takes to make the man our next great long term #9
Even if it means losing Brandon?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:55 am
blazza18 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:22 pm Do whatever it takes to make the man our next great long term #9
There's 2 fairly handy blokes not playing 1 in our team DD.

They're doing it for the benefit of the team because CB says the team and the club is stronger and better from them playing 6 & 7.

Brando hopefully already realises he's not bigger than the team or club.

He needs to work out if starting at lock for Storm is better than starting at 9 for Canterbury or the Tits
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've voiced my concerns on Brandon as our long term hooker during the season. If he stays with us it has to be at lock. Harry is on a completely different level as a #9.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harry is injury prone though atm...he hasn’t fully developed...he will get that with more game time though
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 am
There's 2 fairly handy blokes not playing 1 in our team DD.

They're doing it for the benefit of the team because CB says the team and the club is stronger and better from them playing 6 & 7.

Brando hopefully already realises he's not bigger than the team or club.

He needs to work out if starting at lock for Storm is better than starting at 9 for Canterbury or the Tits
Munster is probably getting paid the same as he would if he were playing 1 so he doesn't lose out financially in that regard. Hughes has already been reported as looking for a bigger payday somewhere else. Brandon will earn more as a 9 than he would as a lock. I don't begrudge any of our players who leave for money: this is their livelihood at the end of the day and if they can leverage their form at Storm to get a bigger payday elsewhere then kudos to them. While there aren't many players that go on to have long and successful careers at other clubs, a long career is never guaranteed in rugby league so you can understand if they take the big money that's available to them today.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

In the post-match interview , Munster said Grant is staying with us, putting Harry on the spot . Most disconcertingly , Harry ducked the issue, saying he is not looking past party-time in Byron Bay.

It is troubling that there is still such uncertainty. Harry showed last night he is the future - he needs to be OUR future, irrespective of what that may mean for every Smith in our club.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

RobbieRoss wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:42 pm In the post-match interview , Munster said Grant is staying with us, putting Harry on the spot . Most disconcertingly , Harry ducked the issue, saying he is not looking past party-time in Byron Bay.

It is troubling that there is still such uncertainty. Harry showed last night he is the future - he needs to be OUR future, irrespective of what that may mean for every Smith in our club.
If I was Harry I’d be peed off about the whole situation. If he has clauses in his contract that are contingent on waiting on Cam and we let Cam take his sweet time it’s so wrong.

He deserves to have clarity. Even if it means saying to Cam today, we need an answer now.

Losing Harry at this stage over this situation would possibly be the second worst decision that has been made at the Storm. He is a gun.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We technically still have Grant signed until 2022 but it's nice to see from Pete Badel just now that we're looking to extend him further.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:03 pm We technically still have Grant signed until 2022 but it's nice to see from Pete Badel just now that we're looking to extend him further.
We might not because of the get out of jail free card reportedly in his contract.