Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Remains best for everyone that a team offers him overs and he takes it.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The club would be spewing. Seeing a captain leave after a handful of games is not an encouraging sign, I don't want to sound like old mate Six Rings but all successful clubs have long term leadership and continuity, I think management had hoped for that initially
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:21 pm The club would be spewing. Seeing a captain leave after a handful of games is not an encouraging sign, I don't want to sound like old mate Six Rings but all successful clubs have long term leadership and continuity, I think management had hoped for that initially
But we all know the Club wasn't going to offer Dale 4 years at 29 years (turning 30 this year).

Might have thought he'd take 2 years...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:55 am https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7e96d282d9

Not so much a "signing", but a player outside our Top 30, not even on a development deal, that is listed as a possible inclusion at some point.

Jordan Grant
Before you get too excited, there’s no relation to Harry Grant. But Jordan Grant is making his own mark on the Queensland Cup. The 26-year-old prop is a new face to Storm feeder club Easts Tigers this year and joined Melbourne in an NRL pre-season. He previously played for Mackay Cutters where he nailed a spot in the Intrust Super Cup’s Team of the Year in back-to-back seasons. and he also took home Mackay’s player of the year award in both of those seasons. He’s scored two tries in the four games he’s played this year, is averaging 169 running metres and two tackle busts per game. Defensively he is outstanding, having only missed a total of three tackles this season.

---

Technically I think Booth falls into this category also.
We have given Jordan Grant a train and trial deal.

https://thetigers.com.au/melbourne-sto ... xCfCEoViVU
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:42 pm
nacho wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:21 pm The club would be spewing. Seeing a captain leave after a handful of games is not an encouraging sign, I don't want to sound like old mate Six Rings but all successful clubs have long term leadership and continuity, I think management had hoped for that initially
But we all know the Club wasn't going to offer Dale 4 years at 29 years (turning 30 this year).

Might have thought he'd take 2 years...
I still find it crazy to think he played in the 2012 GF!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:18 am I still find it crazy to think he played in the 2012 GF!
That thought regularly occurs to me. Through the whole competition how many remain from that game? Actually, looking at that team there's a few names in our team I'm surprised with.
Them and Us
Ben Barba Fullback Billy Slater
Sam Perrett Wing Sisa Waqa
Josh Morris Centre Dane Nielsen
Krisnan Inu Centre Will Chambers
Jonathan Wright Wing Justin O'Neill
Josh Reynolds Five-eighth Gareth Widdop
Kris Keating Halfback Cooper Cronk
Aiden Tolman Prop Jesse Bromwich
Michael Ennis (c) Hooker Cameron Smith (c)
Sam Kasiano Prop Bryan Norrie
Frank Pritchard 2nd Row Kevin Proctor
Josh Jackson 2nd Row Ryan Hoffman
Greg Eastwood Lock Todd Lowrie
James Graham Interchange Sika Manu
Dale Finucane Interchange Ryan Hinchcliffe
Corey Payne Interchange Jaiman Lowe
David Stagg Interchange Richie Fa'aoso
Des Hasler Coach Craig Bellamy
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

8 in the NRL - J.Morris, Chambers, O'Neill, Tolman, J.Bromwich, Proctor, Jackson, Finucane

2 in Super League - Widdop, Kasiano
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

In all honesty, I think the person that takes over from Craig is Ryan Hinchcliffe, and I would support him 100%…
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting theory, why though? He's not in the coaches box
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nicho off to the sharks. Huge deal for him.

Stoked for him though, personally I hope he kills it. One of the good guys.

I’m guessing he is going to play 5/8. Maybe they resign Shaun Johnson to play half back? Moylan has to be gone.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:35 pm Nicho off to the sharks. Huge deal for him.

I’m guessing he is going to play 5/8. Maybe they resign Shaun Johnson to play half back? Moylan has to be gone.
Wishing Nicho all the best but still think he’ll struggle to some degree. He’s a decent player but I suspect he’s looked better than he may be long term within the well coached Storm team and system.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:49 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:35 pm Nicho off to the sharks. Huge deal for him.

Wishing Nicho all the best but still think he’ll struggle to some degree. He’s a decent player but I suspect he’s looked better than he may be long term within the well coached Storm team and system.
I agree completely. Leaving the Storm and becoming a better player never really happens. But Nicho got what he wanted - starting spot and a great contract.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can sharks pull off the Hynes/Finucane double? Both these players unfortunately are a victim of success. I can't see Storm pulling out all the stops to retain Dale. Both players deserve a pay day.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seriously, keep it civil
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:42 pm Seriously, keep it civil
Huh?