Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:42 pm Heilum Luki is available. Get it done.
I would love to see Luki come to Melbourne. I loved his reaction to his debut Try against the Knights last year, and then even more when he chased Reece Walsh the length of the field.

Its similar to when Xavier Coates won Origin, his post-match interview just showed he was a great kid, to me Luki's reaction to his Try had the same effect.

If we are able to retain Nelson and secure Luki, then our forwards look large and in charge
- NAS 2m @ 130kg
- Luki 1.95m @ 103kg
- Howrath 1.93 @ 105kg
- Loiero 1.92 @ 104kg

Keeping in mind the bookends of Warbrick and Coates are not exactly petite either
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Throw cash at Haas? I have a feeling he will chase cash and we won't be the highest bidder, but geez he'd solve some problems.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did Nikorima do anything the other night?
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did Nikorima do anything the other night?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Says he had 4 minutes but I swear he was on longer
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Oh! 4 minutes? I hope he wasn’t dragged. It’s like a sub In soccer brought on on the 90th minute.
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

NRL website has him playing 14 minutes. No idea how he went.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:23 pm Throw cash at Haas? I have a feeling he will chase cash and we won't be the highest bidder, but geez he'd solve some problems.
Yep agreed. Not sure how far we'd go but he's an obvious target.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:34 am
Lucas wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:23 pm Throw cash at Haas? I have a feeling he will chase cash and we won't be the highest bidder, but geez he'd solve some problems.
Didn’t we nearly nab him a few years ago , before he was a marquee player ? He would be very very handy, to say the least !
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:37 pm
blazza18 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:34 am
Didn’t we nearly nab him a few years ago , before he was a marquee player ? He would be very very handy, to say the least !
Close indeed. Then old man Bennett convinced him to go to Brisbane.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as good as Payne 'you think coz your a woman I wont touch ya' Haas is, I think there are younger and just as big boys coming through the feeder system across the country for a fraction of the cost. Its reported his contract was circa $450k last year and is expecting to hit close to $1mill in the next year or so, and he thinks he is underpaid (suing his agent).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haas has *only* just turned 22 and is already a top 3 front rower in the game. Really depends how much you value that position in regards to how much you'd pay him.

I see Munster's mouth piece up here in the courier mail has already mentioned an extension for him. Incredibly poor timing considering what happened in the offseason and his not so good form in 2021. Did like how it said he wont be getting a million a season though.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:01 am as good as Payne 'you think coz your a woman I wont touch ya' Haas is, I think there are younger and just as big boys coming through the feeder system across the country for a fraction of the cost. Its reported his contract was circa $450k last year and is expecting to hit close to $1mill in the next year or so, and he thinks he is underpaid (suing his agent).
I agree on this based on that article. You'd be breaking the bank for him and while he's an unbelievably talented player you could sign two or three very good options in place of him. I'd rather target Crichton.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Are there any decent prospects overseas that we could bring over?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jessie just confirmed on SEN Storm weren’t gonna offer him a contract next year

His words …my time was up at Melbourne