Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Smoothy is a high chance. Stocky hooker who could play lock. Probably even greater opportunity in 2022 once B.Smith leaves.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Agree, these guys are auditioning for 2022 once a few of our guys have moved on to higher salaries. it is the Storm way, we regenerate from the bottom up. When a player puts on a Storm jumper, they play above their ability.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank Ponissi was on SEN this afternoon:
- At this stage, Storm have no plans to leave Victoria. We would only leave if Storm couldn't get out or opponents couldn't get in or have to quarantine when they left.
- Storm are "planning for life without Cameron Smith."
- We currently have 27 players on our list. Two development players have really stood out during pre-season.
- Need to have 28 players by start of season, 28th spot likely to be filled by one of two players noted above.
- Last two spots don't need to be finalised until 1 August. There are a number of development players who aren't currently ready to be in top 30 but they may be by August 1. This also gives us flexibility to recruit someone from outside Storm.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

On the official website, it lists 28 players. 27 as quoted by FP as well as Jonah Pezet, a half back. What do we know about him?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:35 pm On the official website, it lists 28 players. 27 as quoted by FP as well as Jonah Pezet, a half back. What do we know about him?
Jonah Pezet is an 18 or 19 year old half back from Wyong Roos. He was a member of Newcastle Knights 2019 Harold Matthews winning team. Also kicks goals.

Jonah's dad Troy played 28 games with South Queensland Crushers and Parramatta.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd be expecting Jonah to play for the Falcons in the MM competition (U18) before rapidly joining the Colts side.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I noticed a couple of the boys trialling were back in Brisbane today
Paul Ulberg, Patrice Siolo, Bessie Aufaga-Toomaga
BJ and Patrice posted from the airport and then BJ posted from home saying good to be home ...so I’d say those three weren’t offered contracts
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... rm-top-30/

Not surprisingly Dean Ieremia has been promoted to spot number 28 on our list. Well done Dean.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Scooter wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:33 pm https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... rm-top-30/

Not surprisingly Dean Ieremia has been promoted to spot number 28 on our list. Well done Dean.
He looked good on Saturday. Not surprised he's been upgraded. Well done kid.

Interesting comment from the article:
As for his biggest inspiration on the field, Ieremia rates fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen as his number one influence.

"Paps is a talented player but his work ethic around the game motivates me as a young player to put my best foot forward in everything I do," he said.
How good is that? After a generation of young players saying exactly the same thing about Billy, it's great to see Bill's protégé moving into the role-model position.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:28 pm
Scooter wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:33 pm https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... rm-top-30/

He looked good on Saturday. Not surprised he's been upgraded. Well done kid.

Interesting comment from the article:
As for his biggest inspiration on the field, Ieremia rates fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen as his number one influence.

"Paps is a talented player but his work ethic around the game motivates me as a young player to put my best foot forward in everything I do," he said.
How good is that? After a generation of young players saying exactly the same thing about Billy, it's great to see Bill's protégé moving into the role-model position.
I'm not sure I remember him playing Nines last year? Was he in the team?

Either way. He's an enormous man. Looks ferociously athletic in that frame too.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Riders of the Storm Dean scored in the game against the Broncos and had 108 run metres.

https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-nines/2020 ... s-v-storm/
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:53 pm Riders of the Storm Dean scored in the game against the Broncos and had 108 run metres.

https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-nines/2020 ... s-v-storm/
I forgot about that try ...he was good in that game
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:16 pm Image
A damn good looking team
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome Hughes has signed on until end of 2024