Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Utha
Squall
Squall

Arguably
- England completely changing their World Cup jersey (because of a new sponsor?)

and

- Storm announcing the re-signing of fringe players this way

are just some of the reasons why many people don’t take this code seriously.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:27 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:23 pm
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:17 pm Great that the club has gotten a bunch of contracts sorted. But man, there's a lot of very disappointed fans due to how they hyped this..... and honestly, that's not fair on the guys we just resigned, they've worked for and earned their extensions, it's not their fault the social media team went OTT.
Exactly, they really screwed up a simple announcement and turned it into something that I think has the potential to make fans chose not to pay attention next time they flag an announcement.
Exactly - I agree on both posts.
They tried something different. Some people liked it, some disn't.

I'm ok with it. As Storm Spirtit says, in a way it shows that we value all our players.

Best thing about it is that it has Paul Kent in conniptions - useless tool almost blew a gasket. :lol:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:00 pm They tried something different. Some people liked it, some disn't.

I'm ok with it. As Storm Spirtit says, in a way it shows that we value all our players.

Best thing about it is that it has Paul Kent in conniptions - useless tool almost blew a gasket. :lol:
Yeah, well I'm not sure who actually liked it, but in my opinion that is just another terrible outcome from all of this - I think it was an embarrassing gimmick that ended up trolling the fan base, so I actually agree with Paul Kent. :-&
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:00 am Surprised we haven't signed Alec MacDonald yet and also surprised either Tom Eisenhuth or Chris Lewis weren't re-signed yesterday.

With all the backs signed yesterday does that mean that Young Tonumaipea doesn't get re-signed?
Shocked they haven't signed McDonald, unless he's going back to a development deal? Another preseason or two and he'll be a real weapon. Hope they announce Tom or Chris either way before the game, they have been great contributors and deserve a decent send off.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sure I read earlier in the year that MacDonald was on a 2 year deal
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As near as I can tell, we have 2 spots for middle forwards available for next year, I wonder if we'd chase someone like Petterson -Robati from the warriors who previously killed it in our juniors and has been close to fg multiple times but not quite cracked it
big_m
Squall
Squall

I think we need a proven middle for next year. We are getting bashed in the middle to start every game and we cant come back after being a few tries down early.

We wont have Brandon, Christian may not be 100% to start the year after an achilles, Jesse is gone, and Josh not getting many metres recently.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:29 pm As near as I can tell, we have 2 spots for middle forwards available for next year, I wonder if we'd chase someone like Petterson -Robati from the warriors who previously killed it in our juniors and has been close to fg multiple times but not quite cracked it
I see Eli Katoa started at lock for the Warriors yesterday. Is that his position? He’s 193cm and 110kg but I understood he generally played as an edge forward.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:04 am
Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:29 pm As near as I can tell, we have 2 spots for middle forwards available for next year, I wonder if we'd chase someone like Petterson -Robati from the warriors who previously killed it in our juniors and has been close to fg multiple times but not quite cracked it
I see Eli Katoa started at lock for the Warriors yesterday. Is that his position? He’s 193cm and 110kg but I understood he generally played as an edge forward.
He’s basically a second-row but can play lock if needed. Good signing - he’s a very underrated player.

Like a few other people here I agree that there is a bad need for some props. Plenty of competition for the back-row.

I’m wondering, however, if Bellamy might consider using King and Sims up front at stages of next season though because I feel Nelson’s future in this side might be at lock.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone know if the club have signed Haele Finau?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:34 pm Anyone know if the club have signed Haele Finau?
God I hope so

There was a rumour a few weeks ago but haven’t heard anything since
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:57 pm
ALX22 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:34 pm Anyone know if the club have signed Haele Finau?
God I hope so

There was a rumour a few weeks ago but haven’t heard anything since
The commentators said multiple times that he was being chased by a couple of clubs. Hopefully a deal can be done.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hypothetical:

- Munster signs with the Dolphins $1.2mil
- Dolphins approach Storm about early release for next season
- They take on full contract for 2023 plus pay us a fee

Do you say goodbye early?

(Hopefully this never happens and he resigns)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:14 am Hypothetical:

- Munster signs with the Dolphins $1.2mil
- Dolphins approach Storm about early release for next season
- They take on full contract for 2023 plus pay us a fee

Do you say goodbye early?

(Hopefully this never happens and he resigns)
Hypothetically, if Munster is leaving and he decides to be as uninterested playing for Storm in 2023 as Brandon Smith was this year, then I’d rather tear the band aid off and start afresh (but only if we can secure a decent replacement…and that might be the limitation on this hypothetical). If Munster is leaving, I’d hope the Club is looking at Dylan Brown as a possible option.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given the huge loss of senior players and leaders, id want to keep Munster even if he has signed with Dolphins - enables us to plan for life beyond munster with out panicking.