Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy has met with Shawn Blore from the Tigers, looking to sign him for next season would be a handy pick up.
barbara.sinclair
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:55 am Bellamy has met with Shawn Blore from the Tigers, looking to sign him for next season would be a handy pick up.
I read he wants to stay at Tigers
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Western Clydesdales have said Nofoasa Malutoa is joining the Storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How good
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kane Bradley seems to have stopped training with storm and is training with Brisbane tigers instead …I just noticed this in a lot of the photos videos tigers and Storm have posted recently
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Why am I not surprised that only a couple of days after his debut, The Courier Mail is reporting that we will have a battle to keep Sua when he becomes a free agent in November.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haha it's Badel of course. Full on click bait merchant.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was always going to be a target for other clubs, even if he didn’t debut Thursday. His QCup performances alone would have guaranteed that.

I hope like hell we can hold onto him. It will hinge on a genuine pathway to first grade most likely.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

His value for the Storm must be enormous. I'm not sure how he fits in anywhere but can imagine we'd probably overpay to keep him.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Keeping Sua probably means letting Meaney walk. He'd fill the same role long term (Fullback/Winger and potentially kicker)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A left field idea I can’t seem to let go of, is doing exactly what we did in the Broncos game last week.

Start Paps, carry Sua on the bench. At some point bring Sua on and move Paps into a roving middle. Have Paps chime into backline plays and link up with Sua.

Changing out your fullback mid-game is a something that is unheard of at NRL level (outside of freak games like last weekend where it was essentially a trial game), but I genuinely think it could work well ongoing.

Places extra defensive effort on the middles, as we essentially use Paps in place of a lock, so I get it is not without issue.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:39 pm Kane Bradley seems to have stopped training with storm and is training with Brisbane tigers instead …I just noticed this in a lot of the photos videos tigers and Storm have posted recently
https://www.zerotackle.com/young-storm- ... ct-161900/

Bradley according to zero tackle has signed a new deal with the Storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well now I have no idea who is leaving
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jerry Mesu Tbolts player has signed a long term contract with the storm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cww4QrNRafj ... BiNWFlZA==
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:30 pm Jerry Mesu Tbolts player has signed a long term contract with the storm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cww4QrNRafj ... BiNWFlZA==
Hopefully we're able to retain a heap of those academy guys. How is Sika Manu's kid progressing?