Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just looking at our 2020 Premiership side, by the end of next season we will have lost 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and if things don't go well for Tui, 18 as well.

Hmm actually its easier to type out who remains. Just Papi, Olam, Munster, Hughes and Welch. Enormous turnover.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:58 am Just looking at our 2020 Premiership side, by the end of next season we will have lost 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and if things don't go well for Tui, 18 as well.

Hmm actually its easier to type out who remains. Just Papi, Olam, Munster, Hughes and Welch. Enormous turnover.
When Storm wins the Premiership in 2023, it will show that it was the right approach to allow those players to leave and to build the next Premiership winning team around Papi, Juzzi, Munny, Hughesy and Welchy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So in an unsurprising interview, Frank has confirmed we will target some experience for next year - https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5a870bc604

Given the players available for 2023, and looking for 'experience'... none of them really get me too excited. https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... 2ytm64ph9w

Personally I see the issue with signing experienced players is that they likely have families (established or growing) and the commitment and disruption of moving to another state is a significant turn-off. I'd love a Taupau or Sims as our target given they are available, but imagine they would be quite sticky to their NSW base. Nikora as mentioned earlier would be one worth going after too.

I am hoping we dont go the route of Proctor, Wade Graham, Tamou, Josh Jackson, or Tolman.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tariq Sims? You're right, not a lot there.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No one sticks out except Tariq or Marty tapau

Possibly Angus criterion
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can’t believe I ever rated Tamou. But I still believe that if Bellamy had ever coached him, early days, he could have been anything. Poorly managed by all of his clubs who let him get away with being soft. He will go down in history, thusly… “Look like Tarzan - play like Jane”.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tapau played with our feeder sides didn't he?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interestingly both Marty and Sims were in Victoria at various times over recent months.

Tariq was at URBNSRF - a 24 to 48 hour visit at absolute max, a noted Harry Grant stomping ground, and Marty was here shopping before Christmas at Chadstone Puma.

I'm a firm believer that the club knew Jesse would not re-sign with us, you don't just let a co-captain go into a season when they're about to be off contract, especially after losing the other co-captain. Based on my hypothesis - talks were had with Marty and Tariq.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chrichton would be way out of our price range I would think but he's one of the best 2nd rowers in the comp and would be a great signing. Taupau would be the opposite.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:43 pm Chrichton would be way out of our price range I would think but he's one of the best 2nd rowers in the comp and would be a great signing. Taupau would be the opposite.
I don't think anyone is out of our price range anymore.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't see us paying top dollar for a second rower.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Perhaps not, but for a 13? He could play there.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We could try going after victor radley with a bit of effort. He makes a good hybrid 13 similar to what we could have done with cheese if he didn't decide to become a cock.
He's got plenty of potential, and I'm sure Bellamy could tighten up his discipline.
He and verrills are probably a bit put out at the roosters signing cheese. He's a bit of a roosters fan favourite and it'd be nice to upset the cocks and ole uncle nick.

There's a few solid forwards off contract at the end of the year that could become better if they ended up playing for the storm
There's very few that don't get better once in the Melbourne system.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No thanks on Radley. Cheap shot merchant.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Heilum Luki is available. Get it done.