Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We also have signed Bronson Garlick (2022) for next year

The Storm have also announced the signing of NSW Cup mainstay, Bronson Garlick, with the 25-year-old hooker inking a one-year development contract with Melbourne for 2022.

Garlick enters Storm's sheds with over 100 NSW Cup appearances on his record, including 12 with the Newtown Jets during their short-lived 2021 season.

It seems to me we are low balling on a couple of options so we have more money to pay Brandon Smith and keep our other stars.

But our recruiters are the real stars.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Apparently we are in the running for Mark Geyer's son as well although Penrith are as well.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commen ... 328358277a
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've seen him listed as on a development deal with us next year
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:53 pm I've seen him listed as on a development deal with us next year
Who Cole or maverick

Cause Cole has signed but mav is in talks
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cole. Didn't know there were 2
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The article from the excellent Brent Read confirms that Cole ( who has signed with us ) is Matt’s son, and Mavrik ( sic) is Mark’s son.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Curtis Scott got sacked by Raiders

I really like watching Curtis. I hope he gets his life sorted and gets back out there.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I wonder if his papers are 100% stamped here as well. From memory we moved him on as much as anything to acommadate Cam Smith's salary, who they thought would have retired by then. His behaviour obviously wasn't great (and has got worse since he left) but I felt it was prodominately a monetary decision to move him on.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:38 pmI wonder if his papers are 100% stamped here as well. From memory we moved him on as much as anything to acommadate Cam Smith's salary, who they thought would have retired by then. His behaviour obviously wasn't great (and has got worse since he left) but I felt it was prodominately a monetary decision to move him on.
Whilst I agree, finances were probably a factor, I don't think his behavior since signing with us and since leaving will result in him being welcomed back with open arms.

I wouldn't be a fan of the club going back to that well...
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not saying open arms, per se. But offering minimum salary if he can't find another gig? Might be the wake up call he needs.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know what Scott actually did well after a really solid first full season in 17. His defence didn't stick and he was a stiff with the ball. Pair that with his attitude and I wouldn't go near him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No thanks …we got rid of him for a reason we don’t need to bring in that much trouble
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:01 pm We've signed Jayden Nikorima for next season.
Jayden Nikorima scored a hat trick in Queensland Cup over the weekend. Unfortunately it was against Brisbane Tigers.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:10 pm
Lucas wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:01 pm We've signed Jayden Nikorima for next season.
Jayden Nikorima scored a hat trick in Queensland Cup over the weekend. Unfortunately it was against Brisbane Tigers.
I wonder if the Club thinks Munny is a big chance of leaving ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Our best chance of keeping him is if the expansion side gets put on hold for a while (as it should).