Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I really think guys like Tristan, Tepai and Lazarus need to step up, we need one to become an elite middle or like you said we will just keep getting bashed, Tui and Christian both need to lift from their 2023 form also. Even NAS was very inconsistent we definitely need more from the engine room to be any chance.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Do we look at Klemmer?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We should but we won’t
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No surprises that Foxsports are reporting that Olam just has pass a medical and he's off the Tigers. I'm surprised it's taken this long!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a89d2a0394
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:48 am No surprises that Foxsports are reporting that Olam just has pass a medical and he's off the Tigers. I'm surprised it's taken this long!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a89d2a0394
They clearly had to make sure Luai was done first.
stormysunshine
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Jordan Grant on a Train & Trial with Penrith. How does he go guys I didn’t see much of him TBH.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormysunshine wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:45 pm Jordan Grant on a Train & Trial with Penrith. How does he go guys I didn’t see much of him TBH.
I’m ACTUALLY PI55ED off we let him go and he goes to F******g Penrith ….bruh my god

He was way behind a lot of players but he goes alright has been injured a lot the last few seasons but when he plays he is damn good (bit of a liability I guess cause he wasn’t fit when we need him)

He was MOM in the last 2 finals before the Brisbane Tigers grand final
stormysunshine
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I read he’s a Penrith Jnr prob why he’s gone back there
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Few reports that Olam to Tigers is done, and Blore will more than likely be coming to us a season early in return.

Top 30 squad looks set, be interesting to see what set up CB comes up with, and who stands out in pre season. I’d love to see some guys really step up this season I have big hopes for Sua & Jack especially, and obviously keen to see how Paps rebounds. I’m not sold on Meaney in the centres yet either I wouldn’t be surprised to see Howarth get a crack there or even a shift from Warbrick. Not sure how to fit Sua in I really think #1 is his spot but hard with Paps there, in Bellamy we trust.

1. Ryan PAPENHUYZEN
2. Xavier COATES
3. Reimis SMITH
4. Nick MEANEY
5. Will WARBRICK
6. Cameron MUNSTER
7. Jahrome HUGHES
8. Nelson ASOFA-SOLOMONA
9. Harry GRANT
10. Christian WELCH (c)
11. Eli KATOA
12. Shawn BLORE
13. Josh KING

14. Sua FA’ALOGO
15. Alec MacDONALD
16. Tui KAMIKAMIKA
17. Jack HOWARTH

18. Tyran WISHART
19. Bronson GARLICK
20. Trent LOIERO
21. Aaron PENE
22. Joe CHAN
23. Marion SEVE
24. Jonah PEZET
25. Lazarus VAALEPU
26. Tepai MOEROA
27. Grant ANDERSON
28. Kane BRADLEY
29. Chris LEWIS
30. Tristan POWELL
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd love to see Kane Bradley train the house down and get first crack at one of those centre positions, he's got a ton of upside
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:00 pm I'd love to see Kane Bradley train the house down and get first crack at one of those centre positions, he's got a ton of upside
Agree, re: Bradley is tall and is good under the high ball. Could be used as a weapon in attack.

Opposition think who are they kicking it to - Coates or Warbrick, nope Bradley.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:00 pm I'd love to see Kane Bradley train the house down and get first crack at one of those centre positions, he's got a ton of upside
Good call Mattpoet.

For Bradley to take his chance though, it looks to me like he needs to muscle up a little but even more importantly, he needs a massive confidence boost to make him believe he belongs in first grade.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sam kasiano has been released by Leeds he is on the lookout for a new club apparently wants to come home

Yeah or no

Tbh I never liked him
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently aaron Pene is being shopped around overseas
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:54 am Apparently aaron Pene is being shopped around overseas
He must have really failed to impress the Coaches given the Club’s desperate need for fwds.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time