Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m so worried about the shape of our roster.
sheet_ed
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Needs to make salary / playing room for Keagan Russell-Smith and Pezet.

Sorry to see him go as he has turned his life around, but the only (half) game he played he was run over by the oposition. At 28 and a half back he missed his oportunity.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The club also has big wraps on Stan Huen.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And Jerry mesu
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:07 pm I’m so worried about the shape of our roster.
Been trending down for awhile. Made even worse with covid and the core parts of the forward pack getting old/leaving.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In days gone, we had our superstar spine, a strong but underrated pack, a number of young guns pushing for first grade and supplemented by a couple of journey men / outcasts.

Today we still have the superstar spine, but the pack has completely fallen apart, there is only one genuine youngster pushing for selection and the squad is now littered with journey men / outcasts.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don’t know how we have landed where we have but I can’t see any quick fixes. It’s gonna take some time, and that’s even if the club appreciates the scale of the problem (which I am not convinced).
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not sure I agree with 'superstar spine'. Some serious question marks over at least 3/4 of the spine IMO.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Lucas wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:43 am Not sure I agree with 'superstar spine'. Some serious question marks over at least 3/4 of the spine IMO.
Although I agree with you that they didn't play their best, the Storm sspine consists of the Australian Hooker, Australain number six and New Zealand Half . How much the knee injury affected Munster is something we'll never know and a hooker does their best work when they have a decent pack.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Plus, we have a Clive Churchill winning fullback who missed the whole year
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:29 pm I don’t know how we have landed where we have but I can’t see any quick fixes. It’s gonna take some time, and that’s even if the club appreciates the scale of the problem (which I am not convinced).
I don’t take what comes out in glossy media propaganda pieces as being what the football department actually thinks. I reckon Craig, Frank and the coaching staff understand that the holes in the roster need to be fixed. Fixing them due to the thin talent pool that is available however…. is more complex.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have no serious concerns over Grant.

Hughes started the season poorly, ended the season poorly and gets injured a lot.

Munster saves his best footy for when he plays for QLD or when his contract is coming up for renewal.

Paps I've spoken about before.

Not ruling any of them out, not saying they are rubbish, but I am saying they're overrated.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jack Campagnolo Hostplus halfback of the year for south Logan magpies and Italy has just signed with the Sunshine Coast falcons
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's a good goal kicker too if I have the right guy
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeh that’s him