Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He has played really good the last month or so …
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

According to the Courier Mail, there's some talk that Storm have an interest in Payne Haas. Good option, maybe. Expensive, undoubtedly.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Good signing if there’s a way to fit him under the cap, I don’t know how we could possibly fit him under the cap though.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mstorm1999 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:30 pm Good signing if there’s a way to fit him under the cap, I don’t know how we could possibly fit him under the cap though.
A lot of blokes would need to do an AFL Hawthorn sacrifice and re-negotiate their contracts…..
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He’d be so perfect for us, even more so than Tino. Unfortunately I just see this as a ploy from his manager to make sure he gets what he wants to stay in Brisbane.

We really need to scout/develop the next big thing at prop. Only way it makes sense cap wise.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:45 pm He’d be so perfect for us, even more so than Tino. Unfortunately I just see this as a ploy from his manager to make sure he gets what he wants to stay in Brisbane.

We really need to scout/develop the next big thing at prop. Only way it makes sense cap wise.
And then they get good and bugger off, "want to be closer to the family"...
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Mstorm1999 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:30 pm Good signing if there’s a way to fit him under the cap, I don’t know how we could possibly fit him under the cap though.
Selling Hughes would work. Pezet will be ready for NRL by 2025.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

TBH I’d take -

1.Paps/Meaney
6. Munster
7. Pezet
9. Grant

Along with Haas in the team.

Rather then -

1. Paps/Meaney
6. Munster
7. Hughes
9. Grant

With no Haas in the team.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormhunter wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:03 pm
Selling Hughes would work. Pezet will be ready for NRL by 2025.
Or Pappy, Hughes, Grant and Munster all take a haircut to fit in Haas and exponentially enhance their chances of winning a Premiership together
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Would love to know about the Storm offer that was put to Tino to come back. Staying at the Titans on a $1.2m per year deal for 10 years, must have been a huge offer from us.
Not that I’m entirely sure how we would have fit that deal in.
Team clearly regrets letting him leave, even if at the time it felt justified due to his minimal first grade experience.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:00 pm Would love to know about the Storm offer that was put to Tino to come back. Staying at the Titans on a $1.2m per year deal for 10 years, must have been a huge offer from us.
Not that I’m entirely sure how we would have fit that deal in.
Team clearly regrets letting him leave, even if at the time it felt justified due to his minimal first grade experience.
He was steadfast in his desire to return to QLD, we were never going to be able to keep him. He clearly isn't the type to sacrifice dollar to chase the ultimate success, given the contract he just signed. Not the sort of player we seek out.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We were pretty keen on bringing him back.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/sports/nrl- ... 03409.html
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Supposedly Sam Burgess has been trying to convince Justin Olam to be his first big signing at Warrington Wolves next year, let’s hope so I think it’s time to move him on and sign a new centre.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jason Ryles has joined the Wallabies as an assistant coach for the Rugby World Cup.

Ryles was an assistant to Eddie Jones when Jones coached England.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone