Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm Devastating news

Dragons have signed Haele and Sione Finau on 2 year deals …Storm have worked their arses off putting work into these two for years sucks big time to lose them both

Haele will smash the competition when he plays first grade …Sione will do pretty good

Absolutely heartbroken
Storm generally don’t lose players they REALLY want to retain sally may. Maybe the coaches just didn’t rate their game as much as you did ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:33 pm
sallymay wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm Devastating news

Dragons have signed Haele and Sione Finau on 2 year deals …Storm have worked their arses off putting work into these two for years sucks big time to lose them both

Haele will smash the competition when he plays first grade …Sione will do pretty good

Absolutely heartbroken
Storm generally don’t lose players they REALLY want to retain sally may. Maybe the coaches just didn’t rate their game as much as you did ?
Your probably right …it just s**ts me that storm do everything for these Victorian players and they get snapped up just before storm get a chance to give them contracts
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It has to cut both ways . Imagine if we were unable to recruit Queenslanders ! Still, I understand your frustration.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane Tigers centre/ winger Solomona Faatape has re-signed with the Tigers for 2 years and is doing pre-season with the Storm.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons centre Kane Jackson is also doing pre-season with the Storm.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is Tristan Powell a development player or pre-season training?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:18 pm Is Tristan Powell a development player or pre-season training?
Article I read says he earned a development contract

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sp ... 81089ea414
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:29 pm I’d say Chris Lewis is gone
I see they've updated the players page on the website and Chris' photo is still there.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormhunter wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:28 pm
I see they've updated the players page on the website and Chris' photo is still there.
Katoa and chan aren’t there so with Chris and those two it makes 31 so one has to be a development player
I’d say it’s Chan
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:44 pm
Stormhunter wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:28 pm
Katoa and chan aren’t there so with Chris and those two it makes 31 so one has to be a development player
I’d say it’s Chan
Would be unusual to see a guy playing well for Catalan’s coming Storm on a development deal. Can’t see it myself.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Source: Fox Sports

STORM RE-SIGN HALFBACK PRODIGY

Halfback prodigy Jonah Pezet is set to sign a two-year extension with the Storm that will see him wear the famous purple jersey until the end of 2025.

The 19-year-old’s signature was crucial for Melbourne after the departure of Cooper Johns, who played backup to Cameron Munster and Jahrome Hughes, according to The Daily Telegraph.

Pezet was a standout for the NSW under 19s earlier in the 2022 season, recording four try assists in a dazzling playmaking showcase.

The young gun is considered the best up-and-coming playmaker yet to feature in the NRL and will now remain behind Hughes in Melbourne’s halfback pecking order.

Meanwhile, Nick Meaney has also re-signed until the end of 2025 after an impressive debut season with the Storm.

The 25-year-old played on the wing, at fullback and in the halves, filling holes where needed for Craig Bellamy, and as such earned a new contract.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 pm Source: Fox Sports

Halfback prodigy Jonah Pezet is set to sign a two-year extension with the Storm that will see him wear the famous purple jersey until the end of 2025.

The 19-year-old’s signature was crucial for Melbourne after the departure of Cooper Johns, who played backup to Cameron Munster and Jahrome Hughes, according to The Daily Telegraph.

Pezet was a standout for the NSW under 19s earlier in the 2022 season, recording four try assists in a dazzling playmaking showcase.

The young gun is considered the best up-and-coming playmaker yet to feature in the NRL and will now remain behind Hughes in Melbourne’s halfback pecking order.

Meanwhile, Nick Meaney has also re-signed until the end of 2025 after an impressive debut season with the Storm.

The 25-year-old played on the wing, at fullback and in the halves, filling holes where needed for Craig Bellamy, and as such earned a new contract.
Both very encouraging signings, Ive not seen Pezet play but have heard good things.

Meany is a critical signing. He has all the qualities of Paps IMO just perhaps not the electrifying physical abilities. A learner, humble, hard worker and is not at risk of ever becoming complacent.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:37 am
Storm Spirit wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 pm Source: Fox Sports

Both very encouraging signings, Ive not seen Pezet play but have heard good things.

Meany is a critical signing. He has all the qualities of Paps IMO just perhaps not the electrifying physical abilities. A learner, humble, hard worker and is not at risk of ever becoming complacent.
The other good thing about Meany , is that he's an alternative goal kicker because after Paps and Nick, the quality of goal kicking is very hit and miss.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think you're underselling Meaney's speed there
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know if it's been said anywhere but apparently Lazarus Vaalepu is on a train and trial deal. Watched him in the finals on kayo and he looked really promising, quite like the prospect of him playing for us.