Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd support Haas signing but the price tag would cripple us and any other club that signs him. I'd say it's poor salary cap management tbh.
foxy_storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Young T is back at the club
No annoucement yet
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

foxy_storm wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:01 pm Young T is back at the club
No annoucement yet
In a playing capacity or some other off field role ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Train and trial will play for falcons when not in purple

His wife posted a photo of him in storm gear yesterday and I thought she was just posting an old photo turns out he is actually back …love it all the good ones come back home
Last edited by sallymay on Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let's play him at right centre until Reimis Smith is back
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Better be a bit more flexible with the cheque book, Munster is on
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam has re-signed until the end of 2026
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Four years is a long time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'll be our 3rd most capped outside back by the end of it after Geyer and Chambers
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:30 pm Four years is a long time
More concerned about the 4 years given to Howarth. Olam is the least of our worries.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:48 pm
More concerned about the 4 years given to Howarth. Olam is the least of our worries.
Seriously…this concern is a non event imo. Howarth isn’t a centre…he’s going to be a backrower and he ain’t ready for FG yet. Plus our current BRs are doing a decent job. CB and FP locked him in for 5 years to keep other teams off him for when he is FG ready and is actually playing decent footy. He may not be ready until late 2022 or even 2023. Just give him space to learn his craft in QCup…there’s no rush.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Four more years of Justin Olam... woo hoo.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:28 pm
Seriously…this concern is a non event imo. Howarth isn’t a centre…he’s going to be a backrower and he ain’t ready for FG yet. Plus our current BRs are doing a decent job. CB and FP locked him in for 5 years to keep other teams off him for when he is FG ready and is actually playing decent footy. He may not be ready until late 2022 or even 2023. Just give him space to learn his craft in QCup…there’s no rush.
Will say it’s weird that he keeps playing in the centres if the club doesn’t view him as one in first grade.

It’s a shame for the fan base that we don’t know anything about his development tbh. I think you’re right and we need to be patient but we get all this speculation and angst because we’re never told anything.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:56 pm
Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:28 pm
Will say it’s weird that he keeps playing in the centres if the club doesn’t view him as one in first grade.

It’s a shame for the fan base that we don’t know anything about his development tbh. I think you’re right and we need to be patient but we get all this speculation and angst because we’re never told anything.
I am an armchair expert of course, but I would imagine playing Centres is more of a specialized position compared to a backrower? (happy to be proven otherwise). If you are big, strong and fast you can play backrow with your eyes closed. I would say the Centre experiment is to give him more skills while he physically matures even though he is built like a brick shit house.
I also view his long term contract as mentioned by Storm Spirit, hands off while he develops so we dont have another Tino situation where an elite forward is snatched.