Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:21 am Smith is now under investigation for bringing the game into disrepute following that podcast. He dropped the f bomb at a rate of more than ine a minute for close to an hour.
The lad needs a reality check, it would seem his ego has gotten way out of control.
As much as I liked him as a player, he's proving to have a pretty ordinary character off field..... His behavior is a pretty long way off what would normally be considered stormlike.

If he's definitely leaving, we should give Harry all the minites he can handle and cheese can go back to being a low minute bench impact player. No point throwing him the lock or hooker jersey if he's heading off.
If he cracks the sulks then he can go play for the feeder sides. Cutting him loose would be exactly what the roosters want, and those player poaching sob's can go pound sand.
This whole Brandon Smith situation sounds like it's getting weirder by the day :shock2:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Am I reading the Storm's announcement correctly?

Seems based on Branson's comments on that podfart that they are like 'You dont fit, we arent really going to pursue a contract extension with you, go where you want'

Edit: Ignore me, i misunderstood. Brendan Smurf has provided written notice that he's leaving.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’d say Bellamy and Frank didn’t bother trying to convince him to stay just told him he could go in 23
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:49 pm Am I reading the Storm's announcement correctly?

Seems based on Branson's comments on that podfart that they are like 'You dont fit, we arent really going to pursue a contract extension with you, go where you want'

Edit: Ignore me, i misunderstood. Brendan Smurf has provided written notice that he's leaving.
Well, you're not entirely wrong actually. Word is the Storm were going to be given the right of reply and a chance to mount an offer after Smith shopped himself around.

It could be now that he came to them and said he was interested in another club and the Storm cut negotiations entirely.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a mess…

Cheese was one of the most loved blokes at the club. Such a shame for him to go out like this.

He could have handled it so much better and more respectfully. Instead, now, a lot of fans will have a sour taste in their mouth.

Hasn’t been a good couple of months for our club 😔
Last edited by yourhero on Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If it's all as it seems, and who honestly really knows, pay Brandon next year but don't let him train or play anywhere. See if he can motivate himself to be in great shape for the Roosters in 2023
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Eff Cheese. The end.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I may have just read the room wrong but there were times during the season where it did feel like he'd stay because he loved the club too much. All good for players to change their minds but I wonder what changed for him. Might just all be about being the #1 hooker but I just don't see any smart team, which includes the Roosters, actually doing that because he's too valuable being who he's always been.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Isaac Lumelume is also leaving the Storm. Isaac posted on Instagram

"Unfortunately my time at the storm has to be cut short. Thankyou for all the memories we made for the last 2 and a half years we'll cherish it forever Onto the next chapter #205"

(With a couple of emojis in there as well).
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:55 am
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:21 am Smith is now under investigation for bringing the game into disrepute following that podcast. He dropped the f bomb at a rate of more than ine a minute for close to an hour.
The lad needs a reality check, it would seem his ego has gotten way out of control.
As much as I liked him as a player, he's proving to have a pretty ordinary character off field..... His behavior is a pretty long way off what would normally be considered stormlike.

If he's definitely leaving, we should give Harry all the minites he can handle and cheese can go back to being a low minute bench impact player. No point throwing him the lock or hooker jersey if he's heading off.
If he cracks the sulks then he can go play for the feeder sides. Cutting him loose would be exactly what the roosters want, and those player poaching sob's can go pound sand.
This whole Brandon Smith situation sounds like it's getting weirder by the day :shock2:
With Coates, Meaney, Jennings , Smith & Warbrick all capable of playing wing...he was gonna struggle to get a game to be honest . Hope he gets a gig somewhere else. Above everything however...he's made a classy exit from the Club unlike someone else.
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seems like a significant clearing of the players list. I'm kind of excited to see what eventuates.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I wonder if we gave Lume a nudge or he just read the room?
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

So Brandon's 'apology' basically says he stands by everything he said but he's sorry if we don't like it. And he's a victim.
I'm glad the club said it 'acknowledges' the apology, not 'accepts'.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:49 pm I wonder if we gave Lume a nudge or he just read the room?
According to the Melbourne Storm fans facebook site it was for Family Issues
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently it was family reasons so can’t get angry at him or the club for that

Also I don’t think I’ve seen any photos of him at training the last few weeks so I don’t think he even made it back to Melbourne