Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, with low level signings like that, the club usually announces them in a batch or with a bigger signing.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like the axe has fallen on Schonig - in the farewell picture!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Confirmed in Colts GF live stream that Wynnum Manly Seagulls lock Alec Macdonald has signed with the club. No more details.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He is a lock …big guy too …that as much as I know
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like he's only played 3 Qld cup games. Must be young.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

https://www.qrl.com.au/players/intrust- ... macdonald/

Not much info but at least we know he can tackle.
Stats actually look fairly good for a 3 game youngster.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Itstime
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

How successful have the train and trial guys been with getting contracts with the storm
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Aaron booth Tyson Smoothy Marion seve Daniel Atkinson Jordan Grant just a couple of T and T boys
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm have exercised their option on Harry for 2023. It's really early....so the Club means business in fighting off the Dolphins advances for our players...

STORM WARD OF DOLPHINS TO LOCK UP STAR HOOKER

The Melbourne Storm have ensured star hooker Harry Grant will be out of reach of the Dolphins for 2023.

Brent Read reported on Triple M that the Storm have exercised a mutual option between club and player on Grant’s contract for the 2023 season.

“You can put a line through Harry Grant for the Dolphins,” Read said on Triple M.

“Harry had a mutual option in his contract which means he could have taken it up or the club could take it up for the 2023 season.

“It is not due for months but Melbourne have informed Harry’s camp that they will take up that option.

“What that means is Grant will be a Storm player in 2023, so you can put a line through Harry being the first signing for the Dolphins. That won’t be happening.

“The Storm have also got Brandon Smith coming off-contract as well in 2022. They have at least now guaranteed that they have their hooking spot covered with Harry Grant.

“If Brandon Smith decides to go on the open market next year he will be inundated with offers, but the Storm have now got Harry Grant there anyway.

“It is big news for the Dolphins because he was a priority signing for them.”

The 23-year-old has scored eight tries in 31 NRL games for the Storm and Tigers since his debut in 2018 and he has played two Origins for the Maroons.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I would rather keep the cheese than the glassman
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I get the feeling Brandon’s gonna end up in Brisbane so his family can keep an eye on him ….his Insta has been very family oriented the last 2 weeks
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Has Harry Grant ever played a good full 80 minute game?
til0011
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:25 pm I get the feeling Brandon’s gonna end up in Brisbane so his family can keep an eye on him ….his Insta has been very family oriented the last 2 weeks
His Mum defo smacked his ass when he got caught
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Brandon doesn’t feel he owes the Club at least another contract, then I’m not sure what that says. The Club has worn some shit due to his stupidity. As long as Storm’s offer is around the mark, I’d be disappointed if he walks.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I feel like the money is very important to him, hence how his manager is carrying on and playing this through the media constantly. But more than that, I'm not convinced they've worked out the whole no.9 issue. I doubt we keep him.