Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who's that?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dale Finucane, Josh Addo-Carr, Nicho Hynes, Brenko Lee, Aaron Pene, Aaron Booth, Max King, Judda Turahui, Ryley Jacks, Dan Atkinson and Tyson Smoothy confirmed as leaving. Don't know who plays hooker round one now
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Disappointing for Dan & Tyson.

Obviously the club rates Cooper Johns, Jonah Pezet, Jayden Nikorima & Tyran Wishart.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wishart a hooker, yea? Pretty low on those now. Someone random will even be the round 1 starter next season.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:21 pm Disappointing for Dan & Tyson.

Obviously the club rates Cooper Johns, Jonah Pezet, Jayden Nikorima & Tyran Wishart.
I was pretty shocked by Atkinson and Smoothy leaving given both debuted in first grade with the Storm this year.

Thought Atkinson might have been a long-term project given how young he is.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:09 pm Dale Finucane, Josh Addo-Carr, Nicho Hynes, Brenko Lee, Aaron Pene, Aaron Booth, Max King, Judda Turahui, Ryley Jacks, Dan Atkinson and Tyson Smoothy confirmed as leaving. Don't know who plays hooker round one now
Someone call Cam Smith
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm fascinated that Schonig is not in the released players but not re-signed!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They've updated the list now, he's on it
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:45 pm Wishart a hooker, yea? Pretty low on those now. Someone random will even be the round 1 starter next season.
Yep and Garlick apparently can play hooker as well. Wonder if the club will give Nikorima a go in the trials as well.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Its almost like the club forgot Schonig existed.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be somewhat ironic if Nikorima made his debut because Brandon was suspended for "a drug related" incident.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:59 pm
blazza18 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:45 pm Wishart a hooker, yea? Pretty low on those now. Someone random will even be the round 1 starter next season.
Yep and Garlick apparently can play hooker as well. Wonder if the club will give Nikorima a go in the trials as well.
Has Nikorima even signed on with Storm ?

Lots of articles saying he will......but nothing from the Club that I can see.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly I knew about all of them execpt Dan …I’m just sad

It’s honestly reminding me so much of 05-09 when all we did every year was say goodbye to all the younger players cause we had to keep the big 6 (Johnson cronk Slater Hoffman Inglis smith) then suddenly the big 5 then 4 then 3 while only having Ressies underneath those guys apart from Finch and Crocker now it feels like history repeating with our new big 6 (grant Smith paps hughes Welch Munster) again …I just hope history doesn’t repeat

Jayden has 100% signed …his management showed photos signing the contract
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:10 pm Honestly I knew about all of them execpt Dan …I’m just sad

It’s honestly reminding me so much of 05-09 when all we did every year was say goodbye to all the younger players cause we had to keep the big 6 (Johnson cronk Slater Hoffman Inglis smith) then suddenly the big 5 then 4 then 3 while only having Ressies underneath those guys apart from Finch and Crocker now it feels like history repeating with our new big 6 (grant Smith paps hughes Welch Munster) again …I just hope history doesn’t repeat

Jayden has 100% signed …his management showed photos signing the contract
I think we are better off than 05-09. The talent depth appears to be spread slightly deeper. Good news about Nikorima but weird there’s no announcement by Storm about it.
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wish I could post the video and photo to show you guys …it normally takes 6 weeks to go though the nrl to be approved…his management posted the vid and photos on the 6 of sept so hopefully something is said soon