Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On his day he is an absolute weapon!! I've always wanted him at the storm. I really hope he gets game time.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mole has reported Finucane’s apparently going to stay with the Storm.

His manager’s quoted saying he’s happy in Melbourne and prepared to chose staying over taking a larger deal elsewhere.

Stoked if it’s completely true. I think he’s really important and has been fantastic this season since returning from injury.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 pm The Mole has reported Finucane’s apparently going to stay with the Storm.

His manager’s quoted saying he’s happy in Melbourne and prepared to chose staying over taking a larger deal elsewhere.

Stoked if it’s completely true. I think he’s really important and has been fantastic this season since returning from injury.
Ok I bash the lack of leadership on the field but if it's true he's knocking back big money then that's a true captain leading by example
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fox Footy confirming other recent reports that we are keen to sign Nick Meaney from Dogs as a replacement for Hynes. Apparently Craig has met with him.

Would be a good move. With Paps still uncertain as to return date from concussion , and the concern about what another concussion would mean for his future, we need a solid backup . Meaney can also play wing and centre and kick goals. I am not saying he is a star, but he is still only 23, and with our salary cap restrictions he would be a sensible option.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:27 pm Fox Footy confirming other recent reports that we are keen to sign Nick Meaney from Dogs as a replacement for Hynes. Apparently Craig has met with him.

Would be a good move. With Paps still uncertain as to return date from concussion , and the concern about what another concussion would mean for his future, we need a solid backup . Meaney can also play wing and centre and kick goals. I am not saying he is a star, but he is still only 23, and with our salary cap restrictions he would be a sensible option.
and full back importantly.

Meaney's a decent player.

Would be even better in a system like Storm's.

Possibly an equal replacement for Hynes if not a slight upgrade on Hynes with his speed.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm Spirit wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:48 pm
RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:27 pm Fox Footy confirming other recent reports that we are keen to sign Nick Meaney from Dogs as a replacement for Hynes. Apparently Craig has met with him.

Possibly an equal replacement for Hynes if not a slight upgrade on Hynes with his speed.
Upgrade on Hynes. Please.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hynes has been a good performer in games where we are wiping the floor with the opposition. I'm sure anyone at FB would be in career best form.

I think the true form of Nicho is still to be seen
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:02 pm

You didn’t read my post did you Lucas...I said upgrade in Hynes in terms of speed. Leg speed. Meaney easily has him covered in that area. And there’s no doubt Nicho has shown some defensive issues in terms of less than sheer desperation to stop tries on occasion. I’d be very happy with Meaney playing Nicho’s utility role in the team. Sound like Craig might as well.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm Spirit wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 pm
Lucas wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:02 pm

You didn’t read my post did you Lucas...I said upgrade in Hynes in terms of speed. Leg speed. Meaney easily has him covered in that area. And there’s no doubt Nicho has shown some defensive issues in terms of less than sheer desperation to stop tries on occasion. I’d be very happy with Meaney playing Nicho’s utility role in the team. Sound like Craig might as well.
I did read it. Yes, he might be quicker. But an upgrade on Hynes, that does not make.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm website announced that Meaney has signed with us

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ith-storm/
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:57 pm Storm website announced that Meaney has signed with us

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ith-storm/
Good signing for our Club.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Daily Telegraph are reporting that we have signed Tyran Wishart, son of former Illawarra Steelers / St George Illawarra Dragons star Rod. Tyran plays hooker or in the halves and has signed a development contract for the rest of the season and then moves onto a top 30 contract for 2022 and 2023.

Speaking of sons of guns, Marcus Bai's son Aston has signed a development contract with the Gold Coast Titans.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if Wishart's signing means Cooper Johns won't be around next year or whether also insurance in case Brandon Smith leaves.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure Cooper said he signed for another year a few weeks back
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:33 pm Pretty sure Cooper said he signed for another year a few weeks back
It's hard for the bloke, he has undeniable talent but is stuck down the pecking order.