Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great news today, very happy with those signings.

I think Jennings is a good signing, I hope Lumelume gets more time this season too. If he bulks up this season he could be a great player
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:19 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:14 pm Jennings official - 2 years
Lee and Johns re signed for 2021
Great singing in Jennings. I am hopeful, even optimistic that this one will be a success.

Also very happy with Brenko and Coops re-signing.
100% Agreed yourhero.....but just a word of warning....don't look at the Storm FB page...there's some clown expressing his dismay and disappointment at Storm recruiting such a hopeless player who has a stinking bad attitude problem... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pole wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:26 am
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:50 pm Going forward - loads of players are out of contract at the end of 2021 / have options - I don’t see any of the above not being there for 2021, except for JAC and Jahrome possibly.
Bellamy is very likely to step down as head coach at teh end of 2021, whihc makes me nervous. Hopefully he stays on a while longer as a director of coaching or something along those lines.
I think he will have a directorship of some sort. I don’t think he could fully leave the Storm, I think he loves the place too much. When he does step down it will hurt more than any player leaving. He is synonymous with the Storm.

The way I see it, Kearney is here for 2021 as an assistant then to take over the helm for 2022.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:43 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:50 pm Going forward - loads of players are out of contract at the end of 2021 / have options - I don’t see any of the above not being there for 2021, except for JAC and Jahrome possibly.
Bellamy is very likely to step down as head coach at teh end of 2021, whihc makes me nervous. Hopefully he stays on a while longer as a director of coaching or something along those lines.
I think he will have a directorship of some sort. I don’t think he could fully leave the Storm, I think he loves the place too much. When he does step down it will hurt more than any player leaving. He is synonymous with the Storm.

The way I see it, Kearney is here for 2021 as an assistant then to take over the helm for 2022.
Interesting....I see Jason Ryles as the next senior coach....
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah, I heard rumours Ryles is in England for a year then will come back to to take the headcoach role in 2021
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:49 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:43 pm

Interesting....I see Jason Ryles as the next senior coach....
I did as well, but then with Ryles going to coach with the English Rugby side under Eddie Jones I thought that might be it for that. Then when it was announced Kearney was returning it just made sense to me.

I should say that is entirely my speculation. I’ve not read anything about it.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There’s something that makes me feel sick if Will Chambers comes back and plays for the Knights
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:36 am There’s something that makes me feel sick if Will Chambers comes back and plays for the Knights
The amount of times Will has post on socials about conspiracy’s to do with corona I’m done with him...he can play anywhere but my team cause I won’t support him now
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Best is well and truly past him. Will can go wherever he likes, hope he makes a killing.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:33 pm Best is well and truly past him. Will can go wherever he likes, hope he makes a killing.
He should have passed the ball to Cronk in the 2016 grand final. Coops was wide open, but Will never has that instinct to pass it.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:59 pm
Lucas wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:33 pm Best is well and truly past him. Will can go wherever he likes, hope he makes a killing.
He should have passed the ball to Cronk in the 2016 grand final. Coops was wide open, but Will never has that instinct to pass it.
RobbieRoss...Good to see that after 4 years, a global pandemic and 2 Melbourne Storm Premierships, you’ve finally managed to let it go that Will didn’t pass the ball to Cooper in the 2016 GF. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:50 pm
RobbieRoss wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:59 pm
RobbieRoss...Good to see that after 4 years, a global pandemic and 2 Melbourne Storm Premierships, you’ve finally managed to let it go that Will didn’t pass the ball to Cooper in the 2016 GF. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It was the only time I ever persuaded Mrs Robbie to come to a grand final. First time she had ever been to a game with opposition supporters ( none of those in our home games , at least in the reserved seats ) . We had great seats on the 30m line .... in amongst a heap of feral Sharks. She HATED It. A late try would have saved the day , but no luck. Made for a very very unhappy Robbie .... so no way am I ever letting that go !!!

Will of course played some wonderful games for us, but I am happy for us to go forward without him.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently we have thrown some extra cash at JAC to entice him to stick around for one more year. He is set to tell the Tigers he won't be there in 2021.
According to Hooper - take it with the same level of authenticity that you would all Hooper articles.
Little Baldy wrote:The Storm have reportedly upped Addo-Carr’s deal from $350,000 to $480,000 for next year.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:19 am Apparently we have thrown some extra cash at JAC to entice him to stick around for one more year. He is set to tell the Tigers he won't be there in 2021.
According to Hooper - take it with the same level of authenticity that you would all Hooper articles.
Little Baldy wrote:The Storm have reportedly upped Addo-Carr’s deal from $350,000 to $480,000 for next year.
Far preferable to NOT lose both wingers at the same time.

Gives Storm more time to scope a suitable replacement.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:35 am
yourhero wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:19 am Apparently we have thrown some extra cash at JAC to entice him to stick around for one more year. He is set to tell the Tigers he won't be there in 2021.
Far preferable to NOT lose both wingers at the same time.

Gives Storm more time to scope a suitable replacement.
Also seems JAC realises that if he waits till the end of 2021 he is free to choose any club on his terms rather than a club that can provide us with compensation. This is win/win for both parties.