Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:27 pm
Storm Spirit wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 pm
sallymay wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 pm A little birdie has found out a certain player Is planning to play one more year
So....does Harry walk and Champ Cheese sulk ?

Or do they both realise that the chance to play another year with the GOAT at the greatest Club/team in the NRL .....is the opportunity of a lifetime.

There must be a way to get all 3 into the team for most of the year. Surely ?

Rumour is C Smith will play one more year B Smith will play with us and Harry will go home to QLD possibly the Tits
Well that's a lima lima lima duck kick in the guts losing Harry Grant (ABSOLUTELY no disrespect to Cam who is the GOAT for wanting to play in 2021).

Champ Cheese really is the 3rd best hooker at our Club.

Hopefully we can convince Harry to just go for another "loan" year ....but tbh....I wouldn't want the uncertainty if it was me.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glad the premiership was won so we can get back to the most important decision the club will make for the next 5-10 years.

Not having Grant be the next hooker will be a massive mistake. Club needs to do whatever possible for that to happen.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Kettles wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 am Pleased I have finally found stormfans.club after the abrupt ending of thebaistand.

I didn’t get any advice on this forum, but pleased to be back in familiar territory. It was only that I got an advice to a reply on an old topic that I was able to navigate here.

Here’s hoping we can get 2 class wingers on board for next year. We’ve lost too many outside players moving on in recent years and that’s a worry.

Enjoy basking in the glow that comes with another hard-earned premiership. I’ve never screamed so loudly with Suli’s long range effort. Wonderful stuff.

Good to be back..
Welcome back mate.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nice one TC! Thanks for all you do, this is a nicely laid out forum. It's good to be back in welcoming, familiar territory...appreciated.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kettles wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:13 pm Nice one TC! Thanks for all you do, this is a nicely laid out forum. It's good to be back in welcoming, familiar territory...appreciated.
Good on you Kettles . This is a fantastic forum, as was the Bai Stand. Everyone is so respectful, with a genuine love of the Storm. There are also some “ in the know “ people ( not me !!! ) so a lot of good info is revealed , including about the young lads coming through.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:20 pm Glad the premiership was won so we can get back to the most important decision the club will make for the next 5-10 years.

Not having Grant be the next hooker will be a massive mistake. Club needs to do whatever possible for that to happen.
Absolutely blazza18. Harry Grant could be part of new dynasty if he just maintains his nerve. I haven’t been more optimistic of another 10 year dynasty post CB than I am now. The evidence suggests that the Storm culture and off field management will strive for success into the foreseeable future.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can anyone confirm - has George Jennings actually signed?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:44 am Can anyone confirm - has George Jennings actually signed?
Not confirmed. The Daily Telegraph reported it was about to happen but nothing has been announced. Typically the club signing the player makes the announcement after the contract has been signed and the cooling off period has expired.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm Just spoke to Kelma on insta

He got an offer to play at the West Tigers
The Tigers seem to like Victorian juniors. Picked up a couple of others as well.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Kettles wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:13 pm Nice one TC! Thanks for all you do, this is a nicely laid out forum. It's good to be back in welcoming, familiar territory...appreciated.
Thanks Kettles.
I'm just a Mod though, Buzz is the man who runs the show and does all the great work behind the scenes to keep this place up and going.

It's good to have you back.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Alledged big money offer for Jahrome from the Warriors.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 1f807ba88a
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:59 am Alledged big money offer for Jahrome from the Warriors.
I’m not a fan of his managers tactics during the finals...

But you can only assume that the Storm have tabled an offer that hasn’t impressed Jahrome and his manager is beating the jungle drums

It’s actually really hard to figure out a value for him to be fair. I have a suspicion that he may end up leaving. I can’t see the Storm risking overpaying for him - one good season at half back, won’t play full back here again, it doesn’t seem to translate into a big deal here with uncertainties around the cap.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:27 am
Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:59 am Alledged big money offer for Jahrome from the Warriors.

But you can only assume that the Storm have tabled an offer that hasn’t impressed Jahrome and his manager is beating the jungle drums

It’s actually really hard to figure out a value for him to be fair. I have a suspicion that he may end up leaving. I can’t see the Storm risking overpaying for him - one good season at half back, won’t play full back here again, it doesn’t seem to translate into a big deal here with uncertainties around the cap.
Well if Jahrome honestly thinks the grass is greener somewhere else and can’t see that Storm has stuck by him and made him the player he is today, then we might as well let him go now and play Cam at 7 in 2021 so Harry can play 9, Brando at lock with Dale moving into the front row. I wonder if this is why Storm are allegedly into Matt Burton....seems to make sense now.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:04 am
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:27 am

Well if Jahrome honestly thinks the grass is greener somewhere else and can’t see that Storm has stuck by him and made him the player he is today, then we might as well let him go now and play Cam at 7 in 2021 so Harry can play 9, Brando at lock with Dale moving into the front row. I wonder if this is why Storm are allegedly into Matt Burton....seems to make sense now.
Yeah this was all in line with my thinking if he isn’t resigned. It is pretty clear that we are organising long term contingencies in the halves for the possibility of no Jahrome. But in the short term with the ability to shift cam to the halves and have Harry in the 9 - which could work for up to two years - it almost works to our advantage. It could literally be the list management stroke that keeps our most important young players happy

The timing of Jahromes managers comment are quite telling.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:23 am
sallymay wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm Just spoke to Kelma on insta

He got an offer to play at the West Tigers
The Tigers seem to like Victorian juniors. Picked up a couple of others as well.
I’d say it has a lot to do with Brad Arthur