Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mr Peanutbutter
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Brisbane have got their first Melbourne man with Storm chief executive Dave Donaghy announcing his departure from the NRL club.

Donaghy's contract was set to expire in January and he's believed to have taken up an offer to join the Broncos, replacing outgoing boss Paul White.

Melbourne confirmed the move with a statement on Thursday, saying Donaghy will return to Queensland at the end of his contract for "personal reasons".

The Broncos are also believed to be going after premiership-winning coach Craig Bellamy to take on a director of coaching role above new Brisbane coach Kevin Walters.

Bellamy is contracted at the Storm until the end of the 2021 season, while skipper Cameron Smith has also been linked to the wooden spooners.

"Dave has made a solid contribution to Storm over almost 10 years with the club," Storm chair Matt Tripp said in a statement.

"The club backed Dave when we first appointed him as a young CEO in 2015 and that investment has paid off with results on and off the field."

Tripp said the search for a new chief executive would begin immediately with chief financial officer, Ashley Tucker, the interim CEO.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It;s going to be an interesting next few weeks.

I wonder when preseason begins? Its usually early November but with Origin you'd imagine it might be early/mid December?

What's more, any idea when next season will start? AGain, will they push it back a little?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Pre season will start six weeks after the grand final for the players not involved in origin. For the origin players it will be six weeks after that. Players must have six weeks of after their season ends it is part of RLPA collective agreement. So for the teams that did not play finals there preseason will start in a couple of weeks.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If anyone gets the CEO job from here - please consider me for a position.

Can do accounting 👍🏿

Am also not interested in going to the Broncos, ever.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So I guess all the big player movements will happen in the next few weeks.

Still no official word on the JAC swap
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pole wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:37 am So I guess all the big player movements will happen in the next few weeks.

Still no official word on the JAC swap
If I was to guess, I would think that the Storm still aren’t sold on who the swap player will be. I can understand the like for like desire, but another origin winger isn’t walking through the door.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pleased I have finally found stormfans.club after the abrupt ending of thebaistand.

I didn’t get any advice on this forum, but pleased to be back in familiar territory. It was only that I got an advice to a reply on an old topic that I was able to navigate here.

Here’s hoping we can get 2 class wingers on board for next year. We’ve lost too many outside players moving on in recent years and that’s a worry.

Enjoy basking in the glow that comes with another hard-earned premiership. I’ve never screamed so loudly with Suli’s long range effort. Wonderful stuff.

Good to be back..
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kettles wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 amI’ve never screamed so loudly with Suli’s long range effort. Wonderful stuff.
Welcome back mate.

I reckon Craig embodied almost every single Storm fan when he was riding Suli home in the coaches box. I know I was doing exactly the same :lol:
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kettles wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 am Pleased I have finally found stormfans.club after the abrupt ending of thebaistand.

I didn’t get any advice on this forum, but pleased to be back in familiar territory. It was only that I got an advice to a reply on an old topic that I was able to navigate here.

Here’s hoping we can get 2 class wingers on board for next year. We’ve lost too many outside players moving on in recent years and that’s a worry.

Enjoy basking in the glow that comes with another hard-earned premiership. I’ve never screamed so loudly with Suli’s long range effort. Wonderful stuff.

Good to be back..
Welcome back Kettles.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welcome back, get around the celebrations mate
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thanks yourhero, Scooter and Mattpoet. Very kind of you all to welcome me back. I was a little bummed when baistand drew a blank. Glad to see the familiar, esteemed names once more. I'm delighted to be reconnected to my online purple mates. YEAH!!!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A little birdie has found out a certain player Is planning to play one more year
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 pm A little birdie has found out a certain player Is planning to play one more year
Yeah but after 2021,.......Cartwright will definitely be GONSKI
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 pm A little birdie has found out a certain player Is planning to play one more year
So....does Harry walk and Champ Cheese sulk ?

Or do they both realise that the chance to play another year with the GOAT at the greatest Club/team in the NRL .....is the opportunity of a lifetime.

There must be a way to get all 3 into the team for most of the year. Surely ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 pm
So....does Harry walk and Champ Cheese sulk ?

Or do they both realise that the chance to play another year with the GOAT at the greatest Club/team in the NRL .....is the opportunity of a lifetime.

There must be a way to get all 3 into the team for most of the year. Surely ?

Rumour is C Smith will play one more year B Smith will play with us and Harry will go home to QLD possibly the Tits