Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yessss so happy bout Chris re signing
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Happy with all three
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still waiting on Christian though
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:26 pm Still waiting on Christian though
https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -signings/

Wait no longer Sallymay. Christian Welch has re-signed for two years.

Max King has re-signed for 1 year and Australian schoolboy and Queensland Under 18 Jack Howarth has signed for two years.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:17 pm
sallymay wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:26 pm Still waiting on Christian though
https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -signings/

Wait no longer Sallymay. Christian Welch has re-signed for two years.

Max King has re-signed for 1 year and Australian schoolboy and Queensland Under 18 Jack Howarth has signed for two years.
From my VERY limited viewing......I am super excited about Jack Howarth's potential.

He looks to have sensational footwork....including a similar type of skip step at the line shown by the one and only JBrom.

Anyone know more about Jack ?

ps...wonderful news about Christian...he's a Storm lad through and through. He deserves to play his whole career with Storm.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice to have Welch confirmed. Howarth will hopefully be good enough to push out one of the starting backrowers in 2022.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wonderful news re Christian . We stuck by him when he did his knee , and it is great to see him repaying the faith.

I know of Jack Howarth only by reputation, but his signing is critical to our future. As Craig and Cameron Smith come to the end of their time with us, we must continue to try to be the destination club for quality young players , given we struggle to entice the big names from other clubs.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ENOUGH SAID
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fox Sports reporting that Courier Mail is reporting that Cam Smith "is set to announce his retirement from rugby league at the end of the 2020 season within the fortnight."
The Courier Mail reported that leading Storm figures are privately preparing for Smith to farewell Suncorp Stadium for the last time in Melbourne’s preliminary final against the Roosters or Raiders.

Smith is obviously hopeful of winning through to another Grand Final and farewelling the game on October 25 with another premiership title.
Smith made his Origin debut at Brisbane’s famous Suncorp Stadium and will say goodbye to the ground in the hope it is not his last game of rugby league.

Grant or Smith or possibly both were expected to move on from the Storm if Smith decided to play on in Melbourne. Smith was also linked with possible club switches to the Brisbane Broncos or the Gold Coast Titans, but will now retire in the only club colours he has even played in.
I'd love to know who these so-called "leading Storm figures" are that are apparently leaking news to the Courier Mail.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If he does retire this season, it would be disappointing that we as fans (in Melbourne) were denied a chance to say farewell... I mean, if he did retire at the end of the season, I would imagine the club would organise something next season.
Utha
Squall
Squall

If CAM does retire, and if we get to attend games next season (the way things are going, COVID won't be disappearing in a hurry, sadly), then something will probably be done at the first game at AAMI.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I read somewhere that cam wants to play one more season to play one more time at aami ...apparently there’s a rumour going round he might sigh a contract that stipulates he only can play up to 10 rounds and finals But only if storm are in Melbourne

Sound crazy to me but if that’s to get him to play at aami then I’m all for it
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We've apparently signed George Jennings for 2 years. Haven't found an official statement yet.

If true, I'm excited by the signing. The guy is 27, still young and should add something extra to our backline.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's a good pickup if true
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jennings is an awesome signing. He actually turned down an offer back in 2011/2012 so good to see him sign now