Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well they do drive them to training 😂
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:20 am LOL, just like Cam's dad said he might retire.

NRL parents- the go to if the actual player isn't saying much.
:lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am Well they do drive them to training 😂
:occasion5: :occasion5:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

🤣🤣🤣
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Alex Johnston has declined the Storm offer/interest. He and his partner want to stay in Sydney, especially with the COVID problems in Melbourne - this situation is thus impacting on our ability to recruit.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Damn, that sucks. What will JAC do if we can't find a replacement? He'll be forced to stay I guess?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:54 pm Alex Johnston has declined the Storm offer/interest. He and his partner want to stay in Sydney, especially with the COVID problems in Melbourne - this situation is thus impacting on our ability to recruit.
Well, the way things are going he and his partner would actually be staying on the Sunshine Coast, so not a bad place to go until everything settles down (even if I am a little biased)...
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:54 pm Alex Johnston has declined the Storm offer/interest. He and his partner want to stay in Sydney, especially with the COVID problems in Melbourne - this situation is thus impacting on our ability to recruit.
Blaming Covid, I call BS
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:36 pm
Blaming Covid, I call BS
Yeah, he's probably just waiting for the brown paper bag from the Roosters to arrive.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't mind George Jennings who is on loan to the Warriors. Very strong for those tough carries and is a solid player. He hasn't had much chance to show his top speed but once he gets going he gallops.
I don't think we'll land a big name like a Nofoaluma.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would like to know if we were actually into signing Johnston. Doesn't seem like a signing we'd be looking into. Would've cost more than what JAC is on now too.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This was floating around on facebook:
BREAKING NEWS!
Over a month ago I was first to break both stories, as I made contact to a storm’s official who had notified me that Josh Addo-Carr will be at the Wests Tigers in 2021 as a guarantee, for a few months now I have said that the club were favourites over Souths and Bulldogs but little over a 2-3 weeks ago I was told it’s a near certainty and it’s all but done!
Along with despite rumours saying otherwise, that Christian Welch will knock back big $ Sydney offers to remain at the Storm which seems to also be a certainty!
I’ve now been given word, that the club are looking at Israel Folau as a big money signing to bring him back to where it all started as they’re expected to have large cap space if Smith departs which is still very much in the air however..... bringing in Folau as a potential centre/wing I’m assuming which would be monumental!
My source had also made it clear that the Melbourne Storm regardless of any request to leave that Brandon Smith will not be released.... however very strong interest stemming from the Bulldogs, Wests Tigers and New Zealand Warriors!
Thoughts? I'd love to have Issy Folau back.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Absolutely not. Flog of the highest order.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nope Nuh no way
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would take him back from an ethics standpoint, no problems. And I consider myself a strong advocate of the 'no d*ckheads policy'. My only reason for not wanting him back is purely a salary cap related one.

90%+ of the polynesian players in our team currently would hold the same views as Izzy. The only difference is that they haven't been caught circulating ridiculous bible verses/statements.

I am staunchly Athiest - one of the groups he said needed to repent or will go to hell. I'm not mad. I obviously don't agree with him, but I do defend his right to have his own idiotic opinion.

How does Izzy get rubbed out of the game forever for a pretty standard religious post, but wife bashers, steroid users and convicted violent felons are welcomed back and in some cases, celebrated? Seems like a weird place to draw some ethical boundary IMO.