Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

16 of those 24 off contract at the end of next year (2 with Player Options).

Huge year for shaping the playing roster.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to Wielder in the Sydney Herald Storm are 400,000 of the cap for next year and that is roughly the amount of one star player. So this is where all the talk started with JAC returning to Sydney. The Telegraph has the story that Rabbits are interested in him, but storm don't want to let him go.

If Storm are $400,000 over the cap that is why they are willing to let Croft go to the Broncos, but don't want to pay any part of his wage, as the Broncos wanted. Someone at the club is not doing their job well if we are still that far over the cap. Chambers has gone and he would have been on 5-6 thousand and we are still over. So if Chambers stayed the club was nearly a million over the cap.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

A lot of talk on the foxsports website about Curtis Scott to the Raiders. Any thoughts on who slots into the centre's.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9ca5757fb9
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seve maybe
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:36 am According to Wielder in the Sydney Herald Storm are 400,000 of the cap for next year and that is roughly the amount of one star player. So this is where all the talk started with JAC returning to Sydney. The Telegraph has the story that Rabbits are interested in him, but storm don't want to let him go.

If Storm are $400,000 over the cap that is why they are willing to let Croft go to the Broncos, but don't want to pay any part of his wage, as the Broncos wanted. Someone at the club is not doing their job well if we are still that far over the cap. Chambers has gone and he would have been on 5-6 thousand and we are still over. So if Chambers stayed the club was nearly a million over the cap.
The backroom bean counters appear to have royally lima lima lima duck this up.

I wonder if Cam has caught them out in any way in terms of $$$....he shouldn't have but some major miscalculation seems to have occurred.

This would surely have to be why the Storm are working towards letting Curtis Scott leave......but I'm so lima lima lima duck pissed off with the potential loss of Scott.

By my estimation that leaves Olam and Seve as the only experienced Centres at the Club....?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not sure if I remember this corrrectly but I thought before he went to Sydney, there was something about Cronk coming back on a part time basis to help coach the halves when he had finished his career?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 am Not sure if I remember this corrrectly but I thought before he went to Sydney, there was something about Cronk coming back on a part time basis to help coach the halves when he had finished his career?
I think that may have been the plan in some quarters ...but sounds like Cooper has well and truly entrenched himself with the Rorters set up now...
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is the half coach at the roosters and do a leadership role at Greater Western Sydney Giants, plus he is on Fox Sports. He is also meant to be doing some sort of business course he might not have time to come to Melbourne and he would need permission first to be allowed to come.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Weird vibe at the club atm. Shipped off Chambers whilst still contracted. Let Drinkwater go early for some reason???? Tried to offload Croft. Rumours on both Suli and JAC future at the club and now Scott as well. Plus it seems as though Cam and CB are going around again but my gut feel is its almost begrudgingly.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Same people who managed a good roster around 3 of the best and highest paid players in the comp now don't know how to run a roster. Boggles the mind.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have no idea what the duck is going on but I’d like freeking good explanation from Dave or frank
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

AAP suggesting in reports that Curtis Scott's possible move to Canberra is salary cap related...

But who knows except Scott and the Club ?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/18/smi ... continues/
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay, the club also hasn't retained local Victorian talent Jordin Leiu who is Wests Tigers bound.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour Young Tonumaipea may be on his way back