Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Have we replaced Kasiano yet?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:54 am Have we replaced Kasiano yet?
Official site still lists Young T and Kas but doesn't list Harry Grant and Cooper Johns in the 30. So I'd say that's it.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Article in the Hun suggesting a attempt to sign Rapana from the raiders. Good player but personally I don't see him as an improvement on what we have in FG and centre/wing depth.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Need another forward for depth more, surely
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not saying it's not true but it would pretty much go against how the Storm recruit players. We target under valued players not players who are already at peak value. Specially ones who play on the wing. We'd be far more likely to go out and find another Fijian for that job.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nice player but that would be a weird signing. We are obviously keen to play Seve, given his inclusion last night off the bench, despite not really being needed. Then there's Papenhuyzen, Olam, Blair, Earl and Drinkwater to come back from injury too. Do we really want to push those 6 players back another rung in the pecking order?

Forward depth for sure. 1000%
shorton
Squall
Squall

Roosters are just about to sign Pangai Jnr from Brisbane after signing Crichton, Morris and Hall this year.

Can someone please explain why we can’t sign these million dollar players yet the Roosters can?

Thanks
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

SMH running an article that St Merge is looking at Joe Stimson as a Jack De Belin replacement. IMHO I would be dissapointed if that was the case.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The telegraph mentioned the same thing last week. Surely we wouldn't move him?

From the smh today -
However, the under-20s State of Origin forward hasn’t been able to crack a strong Melbourne pack this season and will again be relegated to reserve grade for Saturday’s clash with Penrith.
If Adrian Proszenko did any research he'd know exactly why Stimson hasn't cracked first grade yet. Just so lima lima lima duck lazy imo.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Stimson was fit, he'd be in the 17 ahead of Seve/Eisenhuth end of story. Do some of these journos actually watch the NRL? Sometimes I don't think they do.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:34 pm
If Adrian Proszenko did any research he'd know exactly why Stimson hasn't cracked first grade yet. Just so *lima lima lima duck* lazy imo.
Lazy? Yes, that's certainly descriptive of Proszenko's articles (I hesitate to call it journalism).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to Fox Sports, a number of clubs are chasing Cheyse Blair. Shame, he probably deserves a first grade spot over Scott at the moment.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really rate Cheyse. Can have the odd shocker but can also be a shut-down centre and honestly deserves to be in the mix for selection given our starters aren’t really in the best form.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:27 pm According to Fox Sports, a number of clubs are chasing Cheyse Blair. Shame, he probably deserves a first grade spot over Scott at the moment.
I think we're pretty lucky to have him in reserve. He should be playing first grade week in, week out.

Looks like even come Origin time there won't be many opportunities for him. They surely won't pick Chambers or Scott. JAC isn't in cement either. Plus, he appears to be behind Earl, Seve, Papenhuyzen (and even Drinkwater when he's fit again) so I don't blame him for looking elsewhere.

Plus, I reckon we need more depth in the forwards. So I wouldn't be surprised if we replaced him with a forward.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cheyse apparently going to Castleford in English SuperLeague.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/47916357
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately