Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/n ... dvmtk4znef

This already on the net. If it`s definite I hope like hell we didn`t pay a lot. I know we keep saying that CB and Co know what they`re doing but I never thought I`d see Myles or Kasiano in purple. Time will tell I suppose
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually don't mind these signings. We have lost a number of players for next year and a lot of experience. These signings fill the experience gap and there aren't a lot of unsigned good forwards hanging off the trees. Kasiano could be anything and I think under Bellamy could be good. Hopefully Myles can bring something similar to what Jason Ryles brought to the team.
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Wheres all the negativity coming from? We've been ridiculously successful for a number of years, yet people still think they know better.....I bet you were the same people that rubbished the Ryles signing, and didn't want Crocker because he was a grub.....have faith!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Neither fit the mould of a Storm player. Kasiano could potentially be alright but he could also easily be a liability too.
Just hope it doesn't mean we're losing NAS.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Lmao. Looking forward to people defending this outside of Bellamy knows what he's doing. Going to suck watching those two in purple while Tohu and Jordan play for different teams next year.
Craig and Frank know what they are doing.

Nothing else to know really...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jordy and Tohu left for family...not money.

Impossible to keep blokes that want to leave for family reasons.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis#3 wrote:Neither fit the mould of a Storm player. Kasiano could potentially be alright but he could also easily be a liability too.
Exactly! While we are still waiting (hoping) to hear news about NAS we look to be signing 2 players that I wouldn`t have thought really fit the mould. For myself, I don`t pretend to know better than CB or Frank but thought I was entitled to an opinion. Obviously they will be working to a plan and if Bellyache can get the best out of either/both of them then great but I hope we aren`t throwing large wads at either of them when we still have unsigned players in our system to lock up.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woody wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote:Neither fit the mould of a Storm player. Kasiano could potentially be alright but he could also easily be a liability too.
Exactly! While we are still waiting (hoping) to hear news about NAS we look to be signing 2 players that I wouldn`t have thought really fit the mould. For myself, I don`t pretend to know better than CB or Frank but thought I was entitled to an opinion. Obviously they will be working to a plan and if Bellyache can get the best out of either/both of them then great but I hope we aren`t throwing large wads at either of them when we still have unsigned players in our system to lock up.

Understand what you are saying Woody but how do we know that negotiations with NAS aren't progressing well ??

Might be signed and sealed and just waiting to announce it ?

I have no idea...but I would be staggered if CB & FP were just going to let NAS walkout the door without a major fight to keep him..
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nate Myles wifes family is in Melbourne I do believe. They're was talk about them coming down a few years ago when she was struggling with her illness. With his experience he would be a perfect mentor for the likes of NAS and the rest of the young blokes coming through. Great signing imo. And just because we are signing players doesn't mean we will lose others because of it. We have a ton of cash to spend on the back of Harris, McLean, Cronk etc all leaving plus the salary cap increasing. According to Wacko's Whispers a while ago he was saying NAS is expected to resign with the Storm so yeah
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think we're over reacting just a little.......just because we sign Myles (on phuck all more then likely) and Kasiano does not mean NAS is out the door - and if he does leave, it won't be for lack of dollars, and certainly won't be because We have plenty to throw around, for probably the first time ever.....Cronk, McLean, Harris, Proctor etc doesn't add up to Kasiano and Myles.

By the way....what's the Storm mould?? Who decides that??
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool you are correct re: Nate's wife's family. Tessa is the daughter of former Richmond player Stephen James. I agree that Myles' experience will be great for rest of pack. The signing of Myles and Kasiano and the money used on them is not going to stop us from signing NAS. As braddo7 said they are there to fill gaps left by Harris and McLean etc. If NAS doesn't re-sign I am guessing it is because he has signed with NZRU, which based on what he has said in the past he will do at some stage during his career
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just so we're clear. Last year was the best forward pack the club has had imo. And hey we went to the grand final. Since then we've lost Proctor, Harris, and McLean. We're still yet to hear on NAS (I know he missed the GF but he played a part in getting us there). We've replaced them with a 31 year old prop who is lucky to be even playing first grade and another who while extremely skilled gives away a ton of penalties and is close to the laziest player in the NRL.

Psst we also have no idea who will be in the halves next year or whether or not Bill plays on.

But Craig and Frank know what they're doing.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Storm mould is someone who can get through one of Bellyache training camps. Kasiano is well known for being one of the laziest players on football field so it's fair to say until we've seen otherwise he does not fit the mould!

We haven't won a competition since 2012 so Craig and Frank aren't messiahs! It's fair to question their decisions.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:The Storm mould is someone who can get through one of Bellyache training camps. Kasiano is well known for being one of the laziest players on football field so it's fair to say until we've seen otherwise he does not fit the mould!

We haven't won a competition since 2012 so Craig and Frank aren't messiahs! It's fair to question their decisions.
Yes.....but only if you have enough knowledge of how football clubs, recruiting, game plans strategy works to really udnerstand the question you need to ask.

If you just support from the stands...then ask the question by all means...but don't expect anyone with vastly more experience and knowledge in the process to pay any attention.
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

At the end of the day, we dont have players busting down the door to move to Melbourne. Usually, its quite the opposite. Im impressed with the Kasiano signing. He has potential to be so much more then what he is, and if theres something we can all agree on, its Bellamys ability to draw the best out of players. As for the mould? History shows if blokes dont buy in, they move on pretty quickly. Its not as if we've passed up signing James Graham to get Kasiano.....so I say we should have some faith. As for Myles? You dont forget how to play football. He wouldn't be the first bloke to save his career with a club change. If nothing else, im intrigued as to what he could bring to tje table.