Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That rumours been going around for the last year and each time it's a new club...it started out as huddersfield then Wakefield then castleford then Salford the Warrington now Leeds...I doubt he would go but you can't stand in the way of him if he wants too
Rhino2009
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sallymay wrote:That rumours been going around for the last year and each time it's a new club...it started out as huddersfield then Wakefield then castleford then Salford the Warrington now Leeds...I doubt he would go but you can't stand in the way of him if he wants too
Thanks for your response. There might be something in the rumour if it's been going around for a year albeit with different clubs? Leeds are the best team on the list, triple champions! If his current contract finishes at the end of 2016 when is Cronk likely to decide his future?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Signed Jeremy Hawkins from the Raider for 2 years. Can't say i know much at all about him.

Craig Bellamy has completed his backline recruitment for next season by signing Canberra centre Jeremy Hawkins on a two-year contract.Melbourne have brokered a deal to get the 22-year-old out of the final two seasons of his contract with the green machine as they search for a replacement for departing centre Kurt Mann.

Since making his NRL debut in 2014, Hawkins made just four appearances in the top grade last year with his thirst for more game time leading to his move to the Storm. “He still had two years on his contract at the Raiders but he felt as though he didn't really get a go in first grade this year,” Hawkins’ manager and former New Zealand coach Frank Endacott told foxsports.com.au.

Jeremy Hawkins slides over the line and scores for Canberra. Source: News Corp Australia “There’s no sour grapes or anything with Canberra, it’s just about going somewhere where he might get a better opportunity.” Mann’s departure to St George Illawarra means Hawkins will battle it out with Cheyse Blair and Richie Kennar for a place in the centres next year.

The Kiwi product will also push for a place on the wing following the departure of Mahe Fonua (Hull FC) and Matt Duffie (Auckland Blues Rugby). “The one thing about Craig Bellamy is he’s well renowned for giving young players a go,” Endacott said. “(Hawkins has) got an opportunity to play on either the wing or centre.“He’s been playing most of his time at wing but if you see him playing Mounties (in NSW Cup), he’s a very accomplished centre.”
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Signed Jeremy Hawkins from the Raider for 2 years. Can't say i know much at all about him.

Craig Bellamy has completed his backline recruitment for next season by signing Canberra centre Jeremy Hawkins on a two-year contract.Melbourne have brokered a deal to get the 22-year-old out of the final two seasons of his contract with the green machine as they search for a replacement for departing centre Kurt Mann.

Since making his NRL debut in 2014, Hawkins made just four appearances in the top grade last year with his thirst for more game time leading to his move to the Storm. “He still had two years on his contract at the Raiders but he felt as though he didn't really get a go in first grade this year,” Hawkins’ manager and former New Zealand coach Frank Endacott told foxsports.com.au.

Jeremy Hawkins slides over the line and scores for Canberra. Source: News Corp Australia “There’s no sour grapes or anything with Canberra, it’s just about going somewhere where he might get a better opportunity.” Mann’s departure to St George Illawarra means Hawkins will battle it out with Cheyse Blair and Richie Kennar for a place in the centres next year.

The Kiwi product will also push for a place on the wing following the departure of Mahe Fonua (Hull FC) and Matt Duffie (Auckland Blues Rugby). “The one thing about Craig Bellamy is he’s well renowned for giving young players a go,” Endacott said. “(Hawkins has) got an opportunity to play on either the wing or centre.“He’s been playing most of his time at wing but if you see him playing Mounties (in NSW Cup), he’s a very accomplished centre.”
This article from the SMH says Hawkins was going to sign with Storm as a 16 yo in 2010 until the salary cap issue...

100 kegs...1.86cm....sounds like Storm have realised that a high quality Centre or wing needs size, strength and height in addition to skill...Koro, Chambers, Blair, Hawkins all heading in the right direction now with Kennar and Tonumaipea in the background

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 3dury.html
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Funny how we're searching for a player to fill the vacant centre position when all the talk when Slater re-signed was that Munster would go there.

Goes to show how much bs clubs talk.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You need depth in positions to cover for injuries, form etc etc Obviously Munster will slot in somewhere and if not centre where? Five eighth could be the other option but i'm not sure Green has done enough wrong to get the flick from there.
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Shaun Nona has left the club.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm hoping that the fact he left that the storm know cooper is staying
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Can we change this thread title dropping the year lol or ditch it altogether and use the relevant year's roster thread?

/says the person who hasn't been here since 2012 :P
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shattered that Shaun Nona has left the Storm. Big fan of his, has a lot of potential. So we have lost Nona and kept Ben Hampton... ripper.

Good luck to Shaun for his future.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah not too happy about losing Nona while holding on to Hampton. Oh well best of luck to him.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol I must be a select few that still like Hampton. I've seen him do some really good things and still have faith in him.
thunderdownunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Lafai is getting released from the dogs , i rate him do you reckon we could pick him up ?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thunderdownunder I was thinking the same thing although not sure we have the cap space.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't see it happening but would love Lafai to make his way here. Rate him.