Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Locke still being linked to us hope we aren't that stupid to take him on. Warriors didn't want him and were over the moon that he left then he walks out on Salford and now Wakefield don't' want him. Please no signing him.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't be too critical of it. He'll gave good leadership here and I don't think he'd be bad winger and/or backup fullback.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We already have a wonderful backup fullback. We also Don't need any more small light weight backs
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster may not be a long term fullback IMO. Possibly moved to 6 or he may kill it at centre. Maybe Billy will return to centre. Who knows but Locke does have something to offer and could be a star at Melbourne.
I kind of hope we sign him the more I think about it lol
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Panthers backrower / lock Adam Docker is being linked to Storm.

I actually quite like Docker as a player but he has had some injury concerns and do we really need another backrower?
Penrith have announced four players that are leaving, one of which is Adam Docker. This does not necessarily mean he will come to Storm but more of a chance now.

The other players leaving are Isaac John, Ben Murdoch-Masilla and Sam Anderson.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck hell is anyone staying at the storm

First our two assistants Justin and anthony now Tony Auyob is leaving too...what the lima lima lima duck is going wrong down here
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:*lima lima lima duck* hell is anyone staying at the storm

First our two assistants Justin and anthony now Tony Auyob is leaving too...what the *lima lima lima duck* is going wrong down here
no disrespect Sally but you might not have seen much of life yet if you are still youngish...

people leave organizations for all sorts of reasons...financial, personal, opportunity...sometimes at their own doing...sometimes against their will.

it's a job..and all these people are just exercising their right to move around to different jobs.

i have had 5-6 different positions & employers in the last 25 years...

cant imagine being told that I had to stay in one place against my will

doing what Craig is doing is the usual thing.....not many peeps stay their whole time in just one place.

ps....I was never pushed...but I also was never sad about leaving a place either....it's all part of the rich tapestry of life.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No not the magician Tony Ayoub.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not really fussed when off field personal leave these days because the club always seems to find someone just as capable to fill the role or even better and i'm sure this again will be the case.

As for Kevin Locke, there's no denying his talent but i remember reading on LU the several Warriors fans were glad to see the back of him because from all reports he's a pretty shit bloke for various reasons. Not to mention getting an early release from Salford after a pay dispute, getting the flick from Wakefield after only a few months after allegedly being involved in taking the coaches car for a spin without permission with Tim Smith and smashing it so that certainly doesn't fit into our no dickheads policy.

On top of all that he's injury prone so as much ability he has i'd be saying thanks but no thanks.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Parra reportedly looking to get rid of John Folau - maybe worth getting in.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

John Folau could be devastating if a coach can unlock his potential. We need a big back too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Marmin Barba is worth a look too, watching him now - fast!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Marmin Barba is worth a look too, watching him now - fast!
What a sensational length of the field try by Barba.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forget Barba, how good is Rod Griffin!? Machine!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Forget Barba, how good is Rod Griffin!? Machine!
Rod Griffin has been one of my favourite Qld Cup players since he played for Northern Pride.