Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Apparently we are close to singing Adam Clydsdale from the knights to be backup hooker.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPTZwUyU8AE43Hz.jpg
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With a photo of Nathan Brown. .... it's an inside job!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol good

So I had a conversation with a Frank Ponessi and Shaun Nona"....I asked Frank if Francis was going if he knew where he had signed and Frank said Francis signed with US for two years ... How awesome is that

And I talked to Shaun and he said he activated a clause in his contract to stay for another year

Two from two yeahhhh
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice to hear. Thanks for sharing.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Excellent news, that's why we come to you first!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Like the idea of Adam Clydsdale. I've been fond of Tommy Butterfield's ability for awhile and have liked some of the performances he's put in for Easts but Adam is a few years younger so would be more long-term investment.

Is Slade Griffin signed on for next year?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He is inglis 3 but I'm assuming he is in the same boat as Duffie...second tier contract re signed on way less then he is worth to keep him till he is better
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Sallymay that is awesome news re Francis and Shaun.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Appreciate your work, Sal.

I'm going to assume they're both going to be on second-tier contracts. However, I do wish the club made it more explicit who's on a second-tier contract and who's not. Having said that I don't think any clubs do.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think it has to be specified until some time just before the season - just an impression i get.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:Honestly I cannot see the logic in chasing any FG ready forwards, maybe some yougins to replace the hole left by NAS and Welch when they are permenant FG next year (Interesting to see where Kaufusi fits in btw)

Hoppa would be a good signing but I cant help but think that isnt the piece of the puzzle we need. We need alot more height especially with Duffie going - after all its been years since Cronk can utilise his kicking game to produce tries and with Duffman we get that back. Shame we will lose it now
Agree with this totally. Duffman is a big loss next year. Not every day you get someone who can out leap Daniel Tupou. Cronk needs to have someone stable on the collecting end especially with the new 7 tackle restart for kick-related errors in the in goal area. Not sure if there are any free agents on the market who are up to that task? I'd still love to see Daniel Vidot in a storm jersey but apparently he's off to try his luck in WWE.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Guess this can go here. Does anyone know where Maipele Morseau is playing? Feels like he's fallen off the face of the earth.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Guess this can go here. Does anyone know where Maipele Morseau is playing? Feels like he's fallen off the face of the earth.
I think Morseau played for Cairns Brothers this season.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fizer wrote:Apparently we are close to singing Adam Clydsdale from the knights to be backup hooker.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPTZwUyU8AE43Hz.jpg
If its the guy I'm thinking of then he's a good player IMO. Has great top end speed for a hooker.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Willy Mason to Melbourne.

Well. ..I saw him at the airport anyway - i'm sure that means he's toured the facilities etc etc