Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm should deffinetly have a look at this guy, 135kg and what a talent, I've never seen someone so big with that much speed and footwork, would add a lot to our foward pack
Check out the video on the article
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A Tongan who dreams of playing for the 'wannabies' - GO FIGURE :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
GoogleD
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hey guys....

Any one have any word on proctor & his decision??

Also - keep hearing Inu will be coming to us before June 30.... & Lara Pitt also tweeted this on Monday I was told.... Thoughts??

We seem to be re signing players, losing a few - but no gains. I wonder what Craig has up his sleeve....
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inu came out and said on twitter that he is very happy at the dogs. I dont think we will see him especially with the outside backs we have that cant seem to get a gig... but ill be pleasantly surprised if we do.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know winger isn't a position of need but I'd love to see Marika Koroibete in a Storm Jersey. Playing reserve grade and better than 3/4 of the wingers around. Such a waste of talent.
Needs work on defense but worth a try.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anyone heard anything about KP? I thought we were supposed to have an answer last week.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This was the last news I saw on it, which was from Friday - http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/race-for- ... two-13455/

Basically says it's now between Canberra and St Merge.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as much as i trust a site that lists fonua and roberts as being contracted this year and 2018 but nothing in between and has some bloke named berkrey apparently with us in 2017 and 18 even though i've never heard of him, that article is still conjecture. I was hoping for something more concrete.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Luke Berkrey : Sorry if this link doesn't work <a href=" http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story ... ith-storm/ </a>
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/proctor-r ... ure-13493/

Just to add to the conjecture :-D . Going by this, St Merge are out of contention after todays announcements so KP is supposed to make a decision tonight between us and Canberra. Fingers crossed! I have to say though that I really hope we arent going to be spending that sort of money to keep him. As much as I like Kev and want him to stay, there are really very few players that are worth the $700000 Canberra have supposedly offered and even fewer of them are forwards
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would think if we matched their offer this wouldn't even be a discussion, and K-Proc would have already re-signed. So I'm guessing (hoping?) we offered nothing like that amount.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, I'd be pretty annoyed if we came anywhere near the rumoured 650/700k amount. I don't even think he's worth 400k.

I wonder who we're targeting to be our backrowers next season ? Would think we'd chase someone of quality. Atm I'd have Glasby and Harris as our starting backrow next season.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Yea, I'd be pretty annoyed if we came anywhere near the rumoured 650/700k amount. I don't even think he's worth 400k.
If true, part of me would be very relieved we didn't match stupid offers.
blazza18 wrote:I wonder who we're targeting to be our backrowers next season ? Would think we'd chase someone of quality. Atm I'd have Glasby and Harris as our starting backrow next season.
Glasby has not impressed enough to warrant a permanent bench spot let alone a starting gig IMO. I'd play Kenny B there. He seems to have decent ball handling skills and could fill that link man role on the right edge.

Not sure if McQueen and Te'o have signed elsewhere for 2015... although on face value you would think both would be on par or higher than Proctor's market value (but jeez that seems inflated). If so, more than we would want to spend.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Yea, I'd be pretty annoyed if we came anywhere near the rumoured 650/700k amount. I don't even think he's worth 400k.
Consider that those $$$$ are being thrown at maybe a 50-60 minute player. An 80 minute back would kill for that sort of money.