Finals Week 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:I hadn't looked at the Sydney ticket prices, but I don't understand why the seating map for AAMI is so different.

I have GA membership,and sit in the same corner every game, yet this week those GA tickets have been classified as Cat 2 tickets. Surely the normal GA areas are Cat 3 you'd think.

Pricing is obviously a very sensitive issue SS...and I can understand that fully.

I think that we do need to accept that in a corporatised world (which it is...whether we like it or not)....events such as major sporting competition Finals will have different pricing structures to normal home and away games.

I'm not saying I agree with higher prices...just that it seems to be reality, whether it is AFL, A-League or major cricket events.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Cheers for that SS, the only options they gave me as seating types we 'Melbourne Storm supporters' and 'Melbourne Storm $20 seats' whatever they are. The only thing i can think of is I'm doing it on an ipad but I'd still have thought it wouldve came up.

Anyway i rang the club and they said they've had several calls from people with the same issue so they advised me to do it over the phone which i did so all is sweet.

Good to hear Ice....glad you sorted it out relatively easily.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:I hadn't looked at the Sydney ticket prices, but I don't understand why the seating map for AAMI is so different.

I have GA membership,and sit in the same corner every game, yet this week those GA tickets have been classified as Cat 2 tickets. Surely the normal GA areas are Cat 3 you'd think.

Pricing is obviously a very sensitive issue SS...and I can understand that fully.

I think that we do need to accept that in a corporatised world (which it is...whether we like it or not)....events such as major sporting competition Finals will have different pricing structures to normal home and away games.

I'm not saying I agree with higher prices...just that it seems to be reality, whether it is AFL, A-League or major cricket events.
Absolutely - and I don't have any real issue with finals being a higher price, to me that's expected. I just can't understand the way some sections of the field have been classified
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:

Absolutely - and I don't have any real issue with finals being a higher price, to me that's expected. I just can't understand the way some sections of the field have been classified
OK..sorry my bad...misunderstood.

Yes...I see that there may be some discrepancy about price and location within the ground
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

all good!

Section 10 it is for me! Bring on the Knights
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My issue is not with higher prices for finals, rather with different prices in different locations for the same product! i.e. NRL Semi finals in Melbourne and Sydney. I have complained to the club, the NRL and even called consumer affairs. This is bullsh1t! They wouldn't do it to their precious Souths!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:My issue is not with higher prices for finals, rather with different prices in different locations for the same product! i.e. NRL Semi finals in Melbourne and Sydney. I have complained to the club, the NRL and even called consumer affairs. This is bullsh1t! They wouldn't do it to their precious Souths!
Mattpoet that is my issue too. Ticket prices for semi in Melbourne should be if not the same be relatively consistent with semi in Sydney. I'd expect higher prices for finals but the same final should be the same, regardless of location.

I have tweeted NRL haven't had a reply yet.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Got our tickets including the $20 concessional ticket for the backpack! It is a joke that Northern Stand GA seating is $60 compared to $30 approximately last year. I hate to think what Cat 3 is classed as now.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was told by the nrl that someone would call me back, it hasn't happened, not surprised.

Thurston was right.
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The N"ew south wales"RL always change the seating for the finals to make more money - Our seats are normally cat 2 but for the finals they are cat 1 :(
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Got my usual seat - and to be honest, I would have paid just about anything for it. Just don't tell the NRL that. I'm just glad I'll be in the same spot I've been in since we moved to AAMI Park in 2010. That's my seat. Nobody else's.

I'll try not to think about my seat costing about 1/4 of a 12 game membership - once you add in the credit card fee and the fee to print my own ticket. Why do I have to pay an additional fee to print my own ticket? I've never understood that - for any event I've bought a ticket for. What service am I paying for here? Ugh.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa Waqa was training today. That is great news, so hopefully he will be right for Saturday night. If he does play it will be his 50th NRL game. Good luck to Sisa with his recovery and good luck and congratulations on his 50th game if he plays on Saturday night.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ohhh were u there too scooter

It wasn't their main training session so I didn't get a lot out of it but cam finchy Sisa and Hoffy did different training to the others when they did wrestling

They had a lot of younger guys at training to fill in the numbers as a lot of the boys were not there
Billy KP were inside

Talked to Sisa and he said it was the top of his head not his next that hurt the most..he was out of the next brace as soon as he got back to melbourne and I asked him if he was going to lay he said he was pretty sure he was

What I found most interesting was Kenny Jordan Mahe And Vave were forced to do extras after training (running) for 20mins after the others had finished and I talked to Vaves and he said that two of them would get a position in the team
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

thanks for the update Sal and scooter.it is such a relief that Sisa IS FEELING OK. Any news on farrel, did he get charged or has the nrl decided that he has no case to answer as they don`t want him to miss the prelim.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Ohhh were u there too scooter

It wasn't their main training session so I didn't get a lot out of it but cam finchy Sisa and Hoffy did different training to the others when they did wrestling

They had a lot of younger guys at training to fill in the numbers as a lot of the boys were not there
Billy KP were inside

Talked to Sisa and he said it was the top of his head not his next that hurt the most..he was out of the next brace as soon as he got back to melbourne and I asked him if he was going to lay he said he was pretty sure he was

What I found most interesting was Kenny Jordan Mahe And Vave were forced to do extras after training (running) for 20mins after the others had finished and I talked to Vaves and he said that two of them would get a position in the team
So...spill the beans Sally...

Is Vave leaving ??

Was he offered a contract by Storm ??

Does he want to leave Storm ???

Is he upset at the thought of playing for the Broncos (I would be) ???