Finals Week 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It does open the door which is a concern but it would be fairly obvious to tell if a player was knocked out cold from a hit. Maybe I'm wrong. I just think it's an unfair ruling.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:It does open the door which is a concern but it would be fairly obvious to tell if a player was knocked out cold from a hit. Maybe I'm wrong. I just think it's an unfair ruling.
I do know what you mean, it hurt turning the ball over the other night in our half because a player was knocked out.

The only reason this should ever happen though is an accidental head clash in the process of making a normal, legal tackle. Any other contact with the head is penalty worthy. Except when McKinnon nailed Slater in the face according to some. That's play on apparently ::)
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
waveydavey wrote:Then the two mongrel acts by the Knights players whilst he was on the ground. This soured the night for me
I will never forget or forgive Leilua. That was a massive dog act to stand over and mock a seriously injured player. For the rest of his career, I will be hoping each week that someone seriously nails him.

Not even mentioned really by the Newcastle supporte.... ergh I mean the channel 9 commentary team. Big surprise... Had that been Slater doing it to a Newcastle player, can you imagine the media hysteria? ::)

What was the second act?
+1 Normally I`m not a big one for hoping that someone gets targeted but I have to admit that in this case I`m hoping that Leilua gets a bit of karma. Standing over an unconscious player , trying to make a man of himself, was pretty damn low so I`ll certainly be cheering anyone who sits him on his ass from now on
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Leilua was just fired up.. he was standing over Mclean just because he thought his team mate put a big hit on him.. I don't think he realised it was as serious a injury as it turned out to be..

If the Storm players showed that type of aggression they might be playing next week rather then watching from their tv screens.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

simo wrote:Leilua was just fired up.. he was standing over Mclean just because he thought his team mate put a big hit on him.. I don't think he realised it was as serious a injury as it turned out to be..

If the Storm players showed that type of aggression they might be playing next week rather then watching from their tv screens.
I don't really think it's aggressive to do that given that he didnt have any part in the tackle, he just seems like an absolute knob. As someone said, that one incident really put me off the Knights, and although I would love to see the Knights progress because of J Smith I will be hoping someone takes Leilua out.

I think you're right about our aggression however, throughout the game we almost seemed to shy away from those kinds of confrontations.