Finals Week 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoping for a change somewhere in the forwards. Need to do something about our slow starts.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freeze wrote:At least we haven't got Shame Hayne this week.

From the New South Wales Rugby League Referees Association web site

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... D=25573714

"GAME: STORM V KNIGHTS

DATE: SATURDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER, 2013

Venue: AAMI PARK Melbourne

NRL Kick Off: 7.45PM [CH9 LIVE]

Referees:

Ben Cummins/Gerard Sutton

Colour: Pink

Sideline Officials:

Steve Carrall

Grant Atkins

Video Referees: Steve Clark/Luke Patten

Stand by Referee: Jared Maxwell

Stand by Touch Judge: Paul Holland"
ffs luke patten.... we have no chance with video ref.
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Any chance of seeing Vave come onto the bench? I thought I read above that someone mentioned he was in with a shot of being included in the 17?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Hoping for a change somewhere in the forwards. Need to do something about our slow starts.
Agreed.

I wonder what Vave and Moors have done to miss out so regularly. Garbutt also seeing as we have been lacking some really strong, bustling runs up the middle.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon Moors and Vave have done something to get in Bellamys bad books. Lazy training or something like that.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I would go with

1 slater
2 waqa
3 chambers
4 Blair
5 oneil
6 finch
7 cronk
8 Bromwich
9 smith
10 McLean
11 proctor
12 hoff
13 Harris

14 hinchy
15 ryles
16 k Bromwich
17 vave/moors

18 vave/moors/widdop

I know belly loves norrie but over the last month or so he has offered nothing in go forward! He is getting smashed and dragged back. I think for this game he would be better to have a rest? Thoughts
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why would we rest a player in a finals game ? I get wanting to drop him but it wouldn't be to rest lol.

Hinchy to the bench though needs to happen, with Tohu starting. Also think Kenny B might miss out if indeed Bellamy does make changes.

If Easts weren't in the GF I'd really want Garbutt in the team.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:Why would we rest a player in a finals game ? I get wanting to drop him but it wouldn't be to rest lol.

Hinchy to the bench though needs to happen, with Tohu starting. Also think Kenny B might miss out if indeed Bellamy does make changes.

If Easts weren't in the GF I'd really want Garbutt in the team.
"Rest" a polite way of taking him out of the team..
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If anything Kenny Bromwich need more minutes, preferably at the expence of Hinchcliffe. At a quick glance his meters per carry the past month have been better then any backrower apart from maybe Tohu.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:If anything Kenny Bromwich need more minutes, preferably at the expence of Hinchcliffe. At a quick glance his meters per carry the past month have been better then any backrower apart from maybe Tohu.
For sure. I wouldn't be dropping him because I didn't think he was playing well, I just don't think Bellamy plays him enough either. We all love what Hinchy brings to the team but he hasn't had the same impact since he came back from injury. He was brilliant to start the season.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Id also be looking at giving T more time on the left and spell Hoffman. Will give the left edge a different look that teams wont be used too.

Would mean a bit more minutes for the props but the Knights arent a big side and they dont run alot form dummy half when not in there own 30.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just gotta do something to change up these shit starts. There is just no excuse to continually keep starting bad. We've had the same starting forwards basically all year. There isn't a rule saying we can't spice things up :lol:
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thrice be the key . Twill satisfy me
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just to remind everyone we are actually playing this week. Not that you'd know it with the pathetic lack of coverage from the Sydney press. The only real article I've seen of late is Sterling saying we'll get done this week after the premiers curse will strike again ::)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea most experts tippin against us. I don't know if I'm wrong saying it but lima lima lima duck we get no respect from anyone these days.