Finals Week 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Ohhh were u there too scooter

It wasn't their main training session so I didn't get a lot out of it but cam finchy Sisa and Hoffy did different training to the others when they did wrestling

They had a lot of younger guys at training to fill in the numbers as a lot of the boys were not there
Billy KP were inside

Talked to Sisa and he said it was the top of his head not his next that hurt the most..he was out of the next brace as soon as he got back to melbourne and I asked him if he was going to lay he said he was pretty sure he was

What I found most interesting was Kenny Jordan Mahe And Vave were forced to do extras after training (running) for 20mins after the others had finished and I talked to Vaves and he said that two of them would get a position in the team
Hi Sallymay I wasn't there unfortunately, my comment was based on a photo posted on Twitter by Storm.

Hopefully Jordan and Vave get the two spots.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormy wrote:thanks for the update Sal and scooter.it is such a relief that Sisa IS FEELING OK. Any news on farrel, did he get charged or has the nrl decided that he has no case to answer as they don`t want him to miss the prelim.
Both asotasi and farrell were not charged
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Itzbek the Purple wrote:
stormy wrote:thanks for the update Sal and scooter.it is such a relief that Sisa IS FEELING OK. Any news on farrel, did he get charged or has the nrl decided that he has no case to answer as they don`t want him to miss the prelim.
Both asotasi and farrell were not charged
And are we surprised?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

of course not, they don't wear purple, they don't get charged.

someone from the nrl did call me back. here's a brief rundown of the conversation:

i told him that i wished to complain about the difference in prices between our game and the other one and he started going on about how different stadiums do this and different clubs do that. i wasn't copping that though and pressed the issue by directly asking 'who sets the prices for finals?' he had to concede that the nrl do. so i pointed out all the factors that i considered relevant, no curtain raisers, previous years where cat 1 has been up the top of the stand, even the poor fixturing which led to almost 2 months between home games at one point. he really wasn't able to say anything beyond - it's the only final in melbourne this year so demand is higher. i pointed out that i felt this was crap - at length and told him to pass the complaint up the line. nothing will happen but, it shows their contempt!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good on you Matt.

It's almost like the new CEO, David Smith, has been given a mandate to trash the game enough to re-introduce the super league concept, or just make it a NSWRL contest.
Either that or he's a completely incompetent tool.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:of course not, they don't wear purple, they don't get charged.

someone from the nrl did call me back. here's a brief rundown of the conversation:

i told him that i wished to complain about the difference in prices between our game and the other one and he started going on about how different stadiums do this and different clubs do that. i wasn't copping that though and pressed the issue by directly asking 'who sets the prices for finals?' he had to concede that the nrl do. so i pointed out all the factors that i considered relevant, no curtain raisers, previous years where cat 1 has been up the top of the stand, even the poor fixturing which led to almost 2 months between home games at one point. he really wasn't able to say anything beyond - it's the only final in melbourne this year so demand is higher. i pointed out that i felt this was crap - at length and told him to pass the complaint up the line. nothing will happen but, it shows their contempt!
Did you get his name Matt?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was his last name Fenech?
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

At least we haven't got Shame Hayne this week.

From the New South Wales Rugby League Referees Association web site

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... D=25573714

"GAME: STORM V KNIGHTS

DATE: SATURDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER, 2013

Venue: AAMI PARK Melbourne

NRL Kick Off: 7.45PM [CH9 LIVE]

Referees:

Ben Cummins/Gerard Sutton

Colour: Pink

Sideline Officials:

Steve Carrall

Grant Atkins

Video Referees: Steve Clark/Luke Patten

Stand by Referee: Jared Maxwell

Stand by Touch Judge: Paul Holland"
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Relief... I thought we would get the egotistical maniac again.

My only issue is Luke Patten in the VR box. He has screwed us a couple of times this year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's no place like home.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Relief... I thought we would get the egotistical maniac again.

My only issue is Luke Patten in the VR box. He has screwed us a couple of times this year.

No Shayne Hayne is great. I too am concerned by Patten in VR box. Plus Steve Clark is in there too. Clark was crucifying us with the whistle long before Simpkins and Hayne.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

The refs won't be able to decide the outcome of this weeks game as we won't give them the opportunity to. We'll record a comprehensive win over Newcastle and head into our battle with the Roosters with an abundance of confidence. Storm 26-10.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We need to be as loud as possible. Boo/jeer to earn the obligatory offside penalties that every home team seems to get against us.
We need to really create that fortress and make sure the boys are fired up.
It should and has to be the loudest crowd of the year... maybe excluding the ANZAC day game purely due to numbers.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forget his name but, he spoke english so not fenech lol.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm

1 Billy Slater
2 Sisa Waqa
3 Will Chambers
4 Maurice Blair
5 Justin O'Neill
6 Gareth Widdop
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich