Finals week one

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Btw Kevin Proctor very good last night.

Easily our best imo
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We were robed when it was the Gordon fairy tale finish to his career, we were robe last night because of the rabbits fairy tale having two tries not awarded both Sisa (if I did not see part of the ball on the ground I’m taking HD back) and billy scored (that’s right you can go for the ball just don’t touch the player Ha what joke) not only is it the points but it’s the momentum in the game. That is why in big games we have to play so much better than the other team the ref get court up in the hype and fifty calls will nearly always go against us. But we live for another week and I don’t see the teams we play having that advantage or out playing us at home even if sisa needs a rest.

I have given up thinking that we ever get a ref that gives us fair shake both team lay on the tackel but we will pinged first, both short of ten who gets pinged Strom and Im from NSW born and bread. Its just dum and bad for the game. Also sick of two bit useless media wanting control the game Paul C##t and even Sterlo i they could just talk about the game pros and cons.

Storm is buy far the best team in the comp even when they are not playing their best.
Sorry rant finisded.

Go Storm!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So to our stats gurus, how many top 4 teams have gone on to win the GF after losing week 1 of the finals, if any since there's been a top 8? Things have been made just that much tougher now. I remember what happened to us after our last week 1 loss.....
storm77
Squall
Squall

I agree with everything but let me say this, we haven't actually played well for weeks. Those thrashings that we handed out were an illusion.

I honesty think we have to bring TH into the starting line-up in place of Hinchcliffe. As much as we all love him and he tackles his hear out, he offers nothing in attack at all and I think it is actually starting to hurt us against these hard running huge packs that other teams have.
I would also switch out JM for BN.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:Btw Kevin Proctor very good last night.

Easily our best imo
He's been good all year, forward of the year could be a tight contest as Bromwich, Harris, Hinchcliffe and of course Cammy and Hoffy will be vying with KP for the honour imo.

I expect Cooper to win player of the year though
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If he's fit I'd play Finch over Widdop. Gareth's kicking game is shit!! Always has been. And he's a try hog
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:If he's fit I'd play Finch over Widdop. Gareth's kicking game is shit!! Always has been. And he's a try hog

So would i and that has nothing to do with last night either. I wanted Finchy last week for the game given Widdop was well underdone and it showed, it's just a pity we had no choice.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Watched the game again. Absolutely disgusting officiating. Back Soufs for the premiership. It's been decided.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:
Go Storm wrote:If he's fit I'd play Finch over Widdop. Gareth's kicking game is shit!! Always has been. And he's a try hog

So would i and that has nothing to do with last night either. I wanted Finchy last week for the game given Widdop was well underdone and it showed, it's just a pity we had no choice.
Playing Gareth last night wreaked of desperation, something that I would not normally associate with Bellyache.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote:So to our stats gurus, how many top 4 teams have gone on to win the GF after losing week 1 of the finals, if any since there's been a top 8? Things have been made just that much tougher now. I remember what happened to us after our last week 1 loss.....
I believe the Storm did it in 1999.....
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What has Widdop's kicking game have to do with anything ? And it isn't like Finch has kicked well when he's played either.

Odd.

Refs have dudded the Cows in this arvo's game. So two non Sydney teams dudded. Hmmmm.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:
Ice wrote:

Playing Gareth last night wreaked of desperation, something that I would not normally associate with Bellyache.
Finch was injured. No one else would have been good enough.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
Finch was injured. No one else would have been good enough.
Quite obviously in reference to next week.
blazza18 wrote:What has Widdop's kicking game have to do with anything ? And it isn't like Finch has kicked well when he's played either.
Yeah, you're right that Finch doesn't have much of a kicking game either. But at least he doesn't pretend he can.

So many times Widdop has kicked the ball dead in goal or a mile short of the try line- resulting in a turnover at best. He should just leave the kicking duties to Coops, as Finchy does.
Finch has offered some nice grubbers to the in goal, which have resulted in either a try or drop out. He doesn't risk the cross-field kick because he knows its not his strong point and will be a low% play.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Widdop had one kick last night. But for what it's worth, it was left a little short.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

I for one can't fully blame the officials las' night. They didn't drop the ball, miss tackles & give away penalties (that is for a certain Mr J.Ryles). I know we may have got a rough deal by some fans' standards but again, it wasn't their fault.

Can s'one explain to me how we've gone from being so consistent to total Jekyl & Hyde now form-wise? We've been patchy for the best part of 8wks & I think the players attitude is waaay off atm. Jus' don't understand what's going on. Maybe a few egos(?)

And how Kevin Proctor is in the starting side over Tofu is beyond me. That kid is a long-term lock-up if I ever saw one. He adds & brings so much more to the table IMO over KP.

Anyway, there's always nxt w'end. I think we can still bounce back to win 3 in a row which would make us back-to-back. Only time will tell now!