NYC, SG Ball, Harold Matthews + Scholarships 2014

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought I would combine the information in to one thread for next year since we are now out of making the playoffs this year. This thread is for U20s, U18s, U16s Storm sides and Victorian u18s and u15s sides. I figured its easy to find information in one spot on our Juniors. Also to follow how any of our players we know that have scholarships with us.

HM
I expect to go a little better this year as the coaches will be more experience.

Victoria U15 2013 H/lS

SG Ball
We need to improve this year and make the finals

Players who played a game and still young enough to play SG Ball again next year.
Kurt Bernard
Ben Halfpenny
Chanel Seigafo
Arana Masoe
Connor Donehue
Melvin Fifita

Victoria U18s 2013 Highlights

U20's

Players who played a game this who are to old for next year.
Matt McGahan
Denny Solomona
Kurt mann
Dane Chang
Alex Langbridge
Steve Liki
Cade Umaga
Herschell Gideon
Mitchel Moore
Brenden Treston

Squad members who left during the season.
Matthew Johnson
Justin Milo
Cory McGrady
Tom Shearman

Squad members eligible to return.
Billy Brittain
Brandon Manase
Christian Welch
Dean Britt
Francis Tualau
Matthew Lodge
Michael Butson
Niua-Finau Puaka
Pride Petterson-Robati
Reubenn Rennie
Rhys Kennedy
Richard Kennar
Tremaine Jensen
Una Mohi
Vincent Rennie
Junior Kirisome
Clint Posselt
Harry Moore
Ellery Tusa
Aaron Teroi
Hayden Butler
Maxwell Fesolai
Nicholas Lafaele
Joe Letoga

Confirmed Arrivals.
David Leapai - Hooker/Half. Northern Pride u18. Brought to play hooker.
Management Profile
Signed by Storm

Nelson Asofa-Solomona. Backrow. Wellington College.
Signing Article
Rising Star
Video 2012
Video St Pats
Video Wellington Final
2 Mins Highlights

Elias Vole - Backrow/Centre. Orcas U17 2013. From Wellington Scots College plays 2nd five in 1st XV.

Cameron Munster. Fullback/5-8. Played most of the QLD Cup at fullback but a couple of games at 5-8
Highlights 2013 up to round 17
Capras Profile
Management Profile
Article about signing with Storm

Nathan Young. Prop. Player a few games for CQ Capras this year in QLD Cup
Mentions he is coming next year.

Development
Players that are on scholarships with the Storm and will hopefully eventually play for us. I have provided links to articles and videos on some of the players. There are many more we have given scholarships to so if you know any add there name.

Tiaan Wilkins - Fullback Has played Centre all year in League and goes to Brisbane Boys College where he is injured at the moment. NZ u15 Merit team 2012.
Management Profile
from 4.53 to 6.32

Noel McLean - Winger. Originally from Auckland. Goes to Brisbane Boys College. Fast Winger.

Sheldon Pitama - Hooker. South Island u/17. 2011 Nzrl u/15 merit team. NZ Residents 16s 2012. NZ Residents u18 train on squad. Maybe Coming for 2014
Coming Next Year

Kaleb Fuimaono - Backrow/Prop. Played East Tigers u16 this year. NZ u15 Merit team 2012.
Managenent Profile

Jackson McCormack - Backrow. From Mackay. Mackay u18.
http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/sto ... e/1336410/]Scholar with Storm[/url]

Jordan Pinnock - Backrow. From Greymouth in NZ. An athletics star. NZ u15 Merit team 2012. NZ u16 train on squad 2012 and 2013. Playing SI u17s 2012.
Athletics Article

Ashten Windsor - Centre/Winger. Qld U15 2012. Mackay u16.
Signed to Storm

Josh Kerr - Winger/Backrow. Redcliffe u18. Old Boys scholarship holder. QLD schoolboys.
Scholarship with Storm
Old Boys Schloarship
Highlights Video

Jake Turpin. Halfback. Ipswich u18 MM Cup. St Edmund's first XV. May be down coming for 2014. QLD U15 2011. Maroons u16 2012. Could be coming next year.
Signed to Storm

Alex Mather. Centre. Capras U16, QLD u15 2012.
Scholarship with Storm
His highlights video
Capras U16 Profile

Jo Apikotoa - Prop. Playing Orcas U17 this year. NZ u16 train on squad 2012. NZ u18 2013 train on squad. St Pats Silverstream 1stXV. NZ u15 Merit team 2011.
On a scholarship

Brayden Torpy. Half. East Tigers u18 and colts. Maroons u18 2013.

Alex Barr - Backrow/Prop. Trained we us last summer hopefully is coming down this year. East Tigers u18 and colts side. Qld U18.

Greg Panagiotidis - Backrow/Centre. From Christchurch. NZ u15 Merit team 2012.
Signed to Storm

Jake Hargreaves - Centre/Backrow. Won Darren Bell Encouragement Award 2012. East tigers u18 and Colts.
Award winner
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome stuff mate. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into putting all the info together.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Is Josh Bowyer-Bowen (related to Matt) part of the development squad? He goes to BBC like Wilkins and McLean and I was under the impression that he was training with the Storm like those two. When my school versed BBC a couple of weeks ago McLean came off the bench into the centres in the second half and made a huge impact to a struggling BBC team. I think he was involved in a couple of tries and showed alot of speed and great footwork, he's definitely one to look out for. Bowen also played at flyhalf and although he had a very unimpressive game that day, from what I have heard about him he is a fantastic player with great leadership capabilities (in a school sense not just rugby). Obviously irrelevant if he is not part of the storm but I am sure I heard he was
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

brisbanestorm wrote:Is Josh Bowyer-Bowen (related to Matt) part of the development squad?
He was but he signed with the Broncos.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like we;ll be alot stronger and have more depth in the spine next year which should help. Particularly if Turpin comes.

Josh kerr looks like a real backrow prospect too.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks to Sally we Know Kennar won't be here next year.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cameron Munster - Qld Cup rookie of the year. Hopefully we play him at fullback next year not 5-8.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cameron Munster also finished 4th in player of the year voting looking forward to him coming next year.
CENTRAL Queensland Capras star Cameron Munster capped off his meteoric rise in 2013 last night, collecting the Queensland Intrust Super Cup Rookie of the Year title.

Bound for the Melbourne Storm in 2014, the CQU Norths Chargers junior swept all before him in the category after starring at fullback and five-eighth for the Capras in 2013.
Munster, who celebrates his 19th birthday next Friday, finished fourth in the polling for the Queensland Cup Player of the Year award, which went to Easts Tigers five-eighth Cody Walker.
http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/ ... s/2010295/
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Potential NYC team next year

1. Cameron Munster
2. Josh Kerr
3. Reuben Rennie
4. Niua-Finau Puaka/ Elias Vole
5. Elery Tusa
6. Josh Turpin/ Brayden Torpy
7. Billy Britain/ Turpin

13. PPR
12. Dean Britt
11. Elias Vole
10. Matt Lodge - No need to rush him
09. David Leapai
08. NAS - If he's any kind of coach he'll let this kid play his natural game

14. Brandan Manase
15. Francis Tualau
16. Kurt Bernard
17. Aaron Teroi

looks to be stronger across the park next season. If Siebold cant get them into the finals he should be given the flick

Heres a vid of Kaleb Fuimaono. Looks a talent, if he could come next year hed be in my NYC team.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mind wouldn't be that much different and only if some of the players do come down.

1 Cameron Munster
2 Junior Kirisome
3 Niua Puaka
4 Reubenn Rennie
5 Ellery Tusa/Noel Mclean/Other
6 Aaron Teroi
7 Billy Brittain
8 Christian Welch
9 David Leapai
10 Matt Lodge
11 Nelson Asofa-solomona
12 Dean Britt
13 Pride Petterson-Robati
14 Nathan Young
15 Rhys Kennedy
16 Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad/Posselt/Other Hooker
17 Alex Barr/Houghton/Rennie/Tualau/Stimson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon NAS will be better off at prop. Putting him at backrow in league will put a straight jacket on his skills by leaving him on one side of the field. At least at prop he can play both sides of his body more often and follow the ball around a bit more. Like he does in onion.

Wasnt sure if Mclean is coming but with is speed hed be on a wing for sure if he does.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Michael :P wrote:I reckon NAS will be better off at prop. Putting him at backrow in league will put a straight jacket on his skills by leaving him on one side of the field. At least at prop he can play both sides of his body more often and follow the ball around a bit more. Like he does in onion.

Wasnt sure if Mclean is coming but with is speed hed be on a wing for sure if he does.
Let's just hope the coach opens up the game plan like the 2009 team. I see what you say about NAS I think he will play time at both postilions next year.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank Ponessi said Matt Lodge would play East tigers next yr not 20s cause potentially he could debut in the NRL in the back half of the year if there was injurys
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks Sally. Think it is a good idea for his development. It does make our NYC team a lot weaker.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently we have signed 3 very big scalps from NZ frank said he got the call at 5 pm that they got the signatures and was hoping Paul got to the airport without getting killed by opposition clubs and union he wouldn't say who or what position they were only they were being chase one of them by up to 15 clubs in league and union