NYC, SG Ball, Harold Matthews + Scholarships 2014

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My god the ref was bad in this game...Tony and Francis played amazing today and for some reason Rhys Kennedy seems to be going a bit down hill...doesn't seem to want to tackle players...or is that just me
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great comeback win, still some strange selections going on but if we play like we did in the last half an hour of the game we will make the eight this year. They played a more open style which opened up room for the forwards. Sad news about Puaka breaking his ankle but we have a lot of depth at centre and hopefully they will continue with the experiment of Vunivalu at centre. I'll upload the highlights video tonight.

Player thoughts:
Munster - Gets dominated a lot but keeps getting back up and going stronger. Needs to pass a bit more on the sweep play than just ruining it, Great try savers.
Tumusa - Overran his inside players on a couple of plays. Good speed and Great try.
Vunivalu - Didn't miss any tackles at centre but was caught at marker a few times when he needed to go back to position. To used to rushing in from winger to defend. Good strength for try.
Fesolai - Solid runner. Didn't see much ball. Defense at times questionable
Robinson - Didn't see much ball. Ok from Dummy half.
Torpy - Good on defence but other than inside passes to forwards didn't offer much.
Kitt - Can not defend was run over multiple times. Has a good long pass and good kick on him. Good movement and pass for Suli's try.
Bernard - Big man, didn't have much impact in first half, was running over dudes in the second.
Brittain. Steady from dummy half. Blew it after the Tualau break by pancaking.
Stimson - Solid in Defense. Ok hit ups. Looks like has a offload on him needs to use it better.
Mohi - Some strong runs, suits second row more than centre.
Britt - He is a much improved play from his time in NSW Cup he has a aggression to his play that no one else has in the team. His hit ups have improve and he was wacking guys all day.
Galo - A big unit his second half was better than his first looks to have some skill with the ball. Scored a great try with a step.

Halfpenny = Strong in tackle. Got injured.
Tualau - Solid hit ups in first and a great spell to end the game
Turpin - Changed the game when he came on first and dummy half and then but giving early ball. Great try, Missed easy 1 on 1 with opp halfback.
Kennedy - Back from injury a bit slow around made some good runs in the comeback.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't see halfpenny get injured but I saw a photo of him in hospital after the game saying he had a bruised lung...scary...I'm assuming he won't play for a few weeks
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We're paying $4.50 on the TAB to win this game. Does anyone give us a chance of knocking them off? We beat them last time so don't see why we couldn't repeat it?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Half time in the NYC it's 6-4 to the dragons
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Melbourne Storm 26. Tries: Munster (2), Tumusa, Bernard, Turpin. Goals: Munster (3/5).
def
St George Illawarra Dragons 6
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I did say $4.50 on the TAB was overs for us. Good win from the boys - that make it three in a row.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:I did say $4.50 on the TAB was overs for us. Good win from the boys - that make it three in a row.
Lol and took the first graders for 1-12. Wrong team
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Big league makes mention of Munster game against the Dragons. He had 23 runs for 321m, 2 line breaks, 14 tackle breaks, 2 try assists, 2 tries, 3 goals.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fizer wrote:Big league makes mention of Munster game against the Dragons. He had 23 runs for 321m, 2 line breaks, 14 tackle breaks, 2 try assists, 2 tries, 3 goals.
Wow.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

awesome, sign him up - oh wait, we did... no wonder we were all so happy when we saw that announcement
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw on IG that Suli is having surgery...not sure what his done but to have surgery on a sat is strange I think anyway

Wish we got more info on our 20s

Anyone think storm might offer Francis Taulau a first grade contract...I think his pretty good and turned 20 recently
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

outside chance if no one better comes up
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:Just saw on IG that Suli is having surgery...not sure what his done but to have surgery on a sat is strange I think anyway
Out for the season. A good win today in a game when should win.