NYC, SG Ball, Harold Matthews + Scholarships 2014

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Donno about Turpin I was watching Nelson the whole game...he is freeking massive and bumped of like three players at one point

I think it was chances (not the spelling I know his the fullback) try but he ran about 30 metres with 4 roosters hanging off him he then offloaded to chance who got a try between the sticks it was AMAZING
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cheers Sally for that. I'd be interested in his statistics playing prop forward too, hopefully we're made privy to them during the week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd like to say well done to Nicholl-Klokstadt and Asofa-Solomona for keeping us in the game on their own for most of the day.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote:Donno about Turpin I was watching Nelson the whole game...he is freeking massive and bumped of like three players at one point

I think it was chances (not the spelling I know his the fullback) try but he ran about 30 metres with 4 roosters hanging off him he then offloaded to chance who got a try between the sticks it was AMAZING
What a way to describe that try Sallymay! Sounded really exciting. I reckon there are some players out there that have that X-Factor and have you really sitting at the edge of your seat and taking notice when they receive the ball. You get thinking, what will this player do next with the ball.
NAS can just bring things to life and make you really enjoy and get real excited about a game when he is playing. I've had the pleasure of watching him in an open grade in a 7's comp and he was explosive, running over players, throwing them off like rag dolls with fends. The tackles are always solid. Will follow his progress with interest.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We have lost tiaan Wilkins to Newcastle knights NYC team.. He told me him self the other day
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mattystorm1987 wrote:We have lost tiaan Wilkins to Newcastle knights NYC team.. He told me him self the other day
Very Disappointing.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Another poor performance
I have no idea what they are trying to achieve with the constant changes to the team. We have broken our record for players used in a season after only half a season, we have used 35 players so far this year, you would think we have a large injury toll but we have a small one.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This weeks team to try and beat Gold Coast after our embarrassing loss to them earlier this year. Turpin and Galo rested for U18 Origin. Halfpenny returns from schoolboys. We have lost 3 in a row they have lost 4 in a row.
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Josh Minhinnick 3. Maxwell Fesolai 4. Niua Finau-Puaka 5. Latrell Robinson 6. Brayden Torpy 7. Billy Kitt 8. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 9. Billy Brittain 10. Joe Stimson 11. Una Mohi 12. Eli Vole 13. Ben Halfpenny
14. Sheldon Pitama 15. John Filipo 16. Francis Tualau 17. Kurt Bernard
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Victoria U18 Schoolboys played in the Combined affiliated Champs this past week where Victoria won for fifth straight year but not as easy as previous because they lost a game to Northern Territory.
Vic 88 def SA 0; Victoria player of the day: Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
NT 18 def VIC 16 Victoria player of the day: Ben Halfpenny
VIC 32 def WA 20 Victoria player of the day: James Brooks

Player of the tournament: NT’s Hayden O’Brien
They had 11 boys selected in the 20 man Combined affiliated states to contest the U18s Champs in Darwin from the 6th July.

4. Amanaki Manu (Vic Uni Secondary)
5. Dion Masoe (Thornberry Secondary College)
6. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown (Hoppers Crossing Secondary College)
9. Connor Donehue (Woodleigh School)
10. Paula Fifita (Hallam Senior College)
11. Jeretz Tutagalevao (Hume Central Secondary College)
13. Ben Halfpenny (Hallam Senior College)
15. Apaunea Vaka (Sunshine Secondary College)
17. Eddy Tuilotolava (Hallam Senior College)
18. Melvin Fifita (Hallam Senior College)
20. Rikki Turner (The Grange P-12 College)

U20 squad members who participated in the Senior competition were Ben Nakubuwai, Tony Tumusa, Nathan Young.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thunderbolts dominate the Titans from start to finish, beating them 34-10. Asofa-Solomona with a hattrick.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fizer wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:We have lost tiaan Wilkins to Newcastle knights NYC team.. He told me him self the other day
Very Disappointing.
There is still hope of keeping him he has not signed as of yet but says he has more opportunity at knights as they want him to play NYC n is leaning that way.. I of course told him he should stay..
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Apparently NAS stats for the Titans game was 22 runs for 214 meters 3 offloads 3 line breaks, 3 tries.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm really starting to like him now...his getting a run in nsw cup this week so that's good
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Turpin relishes Qld rep duties on Origin stage
Article about Jake Turpin playing Hooker for Qld u18 on Wednesday. I thought he went pretty well.
Turpin's award-winning effort would surely indicate his long-term future is at rake.
"I really enjoyed it," he said. "A few people have said I suit the position."
Turpin remains unsigned for next season but it is hard to see that lasting for long.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suilasi Vunivalu uses his strength to barge over the line in the 5th minute. Munster misses conversion. Storm 4 Eels 0