NYC, SG Ball, Harold Matthews + Scholarships 2014

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Disappointing about Suli. Seven months recovery for him according to his Facebook page. Hopefully it won't hinder his progression too greatly.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we'll still offer him a fg contract i reckon
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Via the Canberra Raiders Forum "The Green House";

First half

2nd min TRY STORM to Richie Kennar. Storm 4-0
8th min TRY STORM to Asofa Solomona, converted. Storm 10-0
12th min TRY STORM Storm 16-0
22nd min TRY STORM to Joe Stimson Storm 22-0
23rd min TRY STORM to Latrell Robinson. It's all Melbourne Storm. Storm 26-0
29th min TRY RAIDERS and it's converted. Storm 26-6
38th min TRY STORM to Tony Tumusa. It's a length of the field effort. Storm 30-6

HALF TIME

Melbourne Storm 30
Canberra Raiders 6

Second half

43rd min TRY STORM to Latrell Robinson, his second for the day. Converted. Storm 36-6
48th min TRY STORM to Una Mohi. Storm 42-6
58th min TRY STORM to Robinson. He dives on on the ball over the try-line after a defensive mix up from Canberra. Storm 48-6
67th min TRY STORM to Asofa Solomona who barges over the try line. Converted. Storm 54-6
73rd min TRY RAIDERS Canberra unable to convert. Storm 54-10

FULL TIME

Melbourne Storm 54
Canberra Raiders 10
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol I got there at half time and was like 30-6 have I missed the whole game
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good to get another win and especially how big of a win it was for us. Nelson is too good for this level should be in first grade round 1 next year. Brittain continues to be good out of dummy half. It seems other than Welch this is the side we will go into the playoffs with. Broncos will be a good test this weekend a top 4 side at home, hopefully a good in coming for us.
1. Cameron Munster
2. Tony Tumusa
3. Maxwell Fesolai
4. Richie Kennar
5. Latrell Robinson
6. Brayden Torpy
7. Billy Kitt
8. Rhys Kennedy
9. Billy Brittain (c)
10. Joe Stimson
11. Una Mohi
12. Nelson Asofa Solomona
13. Dean Britt

Interchange

14. Jake Turpin
15. Charlie Galo
16. Vincent Rennie
17. Francis Tualau
19. Ben Halfpenny
20. Kurt Bernard
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Storm have requested our Round 21 NYC match v Wests Tigers be moved from Monday 4th August. It will now be played at Campbelltown on Saturday 2nd August.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder why...interesting
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

probably a welfare thing to avoid the short turnaround on the younger bodies. They're obviously not as seasoned as the first grade boys so that would be my guess
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great win against a high quality opposition especially with Brittain out.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tough loss after being up 10 with 20 to go, but shows we can compete with the top sides in the comp.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bugger I forgot they were even playing...I've been at work
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NAS with two more tries that is 9 in his last 4 games.
Should be a good game this week to see how far we have come since the Knights beat us 50 - 0 earlier this year. It will be a major upset if we can beat them. We play top teams to end the season so if we are to make the playoffs we will need a couple of upsets.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just a little bit on three players who are coming next and will be instant starters. Will add more later in the week.

Joe Apikotoa - Prop - St Pats Silverstream. A great mobile prop who keeps going all day. NZ resident u18 player.

Patrick Herbert - Fullback - St Kentigern College. A great hole runner from fullback. Has a league background before joining St Kents.

Mack Mason - Half. Anglican Church Grammar School. Qld u18 schoolboy half last year. Plays first five for his school. Former Broncos scholarship holder. Hasn't played league this year.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fizer wrote:Mack Mason - Half. Anglican Church Grammar School. Qld u18 schoolboy half last year. Plays first five for his school. Former Broncos scholarship holder. Hasn't played league this year.
Churchie often live stream there games so if you're interested you might be able to have a look at him/I should be at one of his games later this season so I'll see how he goes. From what I know about him though he is up there in the top 2 or 3 fly halves in the QLD GPS competition this year which has produced a lot of players in both the NRL and Super Rugby.

Could be a pretty handy pick up if he adapts to our structures well. From memory he is a league player brought into a union school so he shouldn't have too much trouble making the switch back
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The game is a bit harder now with NAS in NSW Cup but am looking forward to watching them and they cant be as bad as earlier this year.
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Tony Tumusa
3. Maxwell Fesolai
4. Josh Minhinnick
5. Latrell Robinson
6. Jake Turpin
7. Billy Kitt
8. Kurt Bernard
9. Billy Brittain
10. Vincent Rennie
11. Una Mohi
12. Charlie Galo