NYC, SG Ball, Harold Matthews + Scholarships 2014

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Weekend's try scorers
North Qld 22 def Melbourne 20 (Tries: Jake Turpin, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Junior Kirisome, Niua Finau Puaka Goals: Jake Turpin 2)
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jake Turpin and Charlie Galo have made the QLD u18 side. Turpin starting at hooker.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NZ Maori Rugby League was held this past weekend in Rotorua, NZ
NZ Maori Rugby League 17s Player of the Tournament - Tiaan Wilkins
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Nelson Asofa-Solomona has been named to play prop forward this weekend against the Roosters. That could be a good move to get him closer to the action and to increase his involvement which has been way too sporadic in the first 1/3 of the season, for a player of his ability and talent.

Rest of the team looks very young and inexperienced, so don't have high expectations, at all.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fizer wrote:NZ Maori Rugby League was held this past weekend in Rotorua, NZ
NZ Maori Rugby League 17s Player of the Tournament - Tiaan Wilkins
Is he going to be playing for the Bolts next season?
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Inglis#3 wrote:Nelson Asofa-Solomona has been named to play prop forward this weekend against the Roosters. That could be a good move to get him closer to the action and to increase his involvement which has been way too sporadic in the first 1/3 of the season, for a player of his ability and talent.
Yeah, totally surprised by that Inglis#3, yeah hopefully we'll see some of NAS's fitness used and let him have more time with ball in hand, it'll be real interesting to see what NAS can dish up for his team mates, hopefully it all goes well, but as you said Inglis#3, younger looking team, expectation is set on "Low".

Great move though to see the change, I think Mattpeot was wanting this move before the season started, or maybe it was Fizer.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ellery Tusa has signed with Gold Coast u20s, good for him wasn't going to get much game time down here.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah some knob on the page 1 of this thread felt Nas would be better served at prop, good move.

Also where's Wilkins at now fixer, back in NZ
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:Yeah some knob on the page 1 of this thread felt Nas would be better served at prop, good move.

Michael :P they are finally listening to you at Storm Headquarters at using NAS at Prop lol.

Anyone know when the Thunderbolts next TV Game is? I think we might be able to watch Suliasi play over the weekend.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Some stats from Big League about game vs Cowboys

Joe Stimson - 16 runs for 175m
Billy Kitt - 1 TA. 3 LBA
Nelson Asofa-Solomona - 57 minutes 17 runs for 211m. 28 tackles. 1 offload. 2 LB
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gaiscioch wrote:
Michael :P wrote:Yeah some knob on the page 1 of this thread felt Nas would be better served at prop, good move.

Michael :P they are finally listening to you at Storm Headquarters at using NAS at Prop lol.

Anyone know when the Thunderbolts next TV Game is? I think we might be able to watch Suliasi play over the weekend.
Yes Gaiscioch the Illawarra v Sharks NSW Cup match is live on Fox Sports 1 at 1pm on Saturday. Not sure of coverage in NZ but assume if it is on it will be on Sky at 3 pm.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Storm play Eels on 22nd June at 2pm. So I assume the Holden Cup match will be shown live before that.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote: Yes Gaiscioch the Illawarra v Sharks NSW Cup match is live on Fox Sports 1 at 1pm on Saturday. Not sure of coverage in NZ but assume if it is on it will be on Sky at 3 pm.

The Storm play Eels on 22nd June at 2pm. So I assume the Holden Cup match will be shown live before that.
Thanks Scooter, in NZ they show pretty much what is on Fox Sports on Sky Sports 2. So yeah, be interesting to see how Suliasi goes and it'll be great to see the Thunderbolts playing the Eels later in the month with your info you've shown :-)
I'd be thinking Suliasi would be a tidy finisher as he was in Union, so I won't be surprised if he gases down the sidelines for a couple, hopefully lol.

Fizer wrote: Some stats from Big League about game vs Cowboys

Joe Stimson - 16 runs for 175m
Billy Kitt - 1 TA. 3 LBA
Nelson Asofa-Solomona - 57 minutes 17 runs for 211m. 28 tackles. 1 offload. 2 LB
Also, always great to see some Thunderbolt stats, much appreciated Fizer!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super stats for Nelson. Definitely a few more impressive performances before he's in the NSW or QLD Cup side I'd say.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surely someone on this forum went to the ground early to watch the young boys run around? Could someone please provide a few comments on the game and individual players - particularly Turpin and Nelson.