Storm vs Titans 4/9 AAMI park 530pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And maybe give up sending his team for 'training sessions' at the GC Drama School :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haven't seen it anywhere. Anyone know the crowd figures from last night ? Seemed very vocal so surely 15k+ ?
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:Haven't seen it anywhere. Anyone know the crowd figures from last night ? Seemed very vocal so surely 15k+ ?
Crowd was just under 13,900. Probably was a bit disappointing for last home game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea that is lower than I expected. Don't think the club will be happy about our figures to end the season.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:Yea that is lower than I expected. Don't think the club will be happy about our figures to end the season.
According to League Unlimited on Twitter, Melbourne averaged 16,302 for home games. 6th highest.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh no doubt they were good. Our highest ever I think. But the figures dropped off during the season.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually thought it was a pretty good crowd all things considered. It was over 3k more than our home average against the Tits and especially given the corresponding game last year at AAMI in round 23 only drew 9,100, while that wasn't the last round it was still well down on last night.

Not to mention being wedged in between the first round of AFL finals that contained 4 big drawing Melbourne teams which I'm sure doesn't help either. It mightve been our last regular season game but we're still guaranteed a home final which im sure everyone was aware of so its not like it was anyones last chance to see them this year. All in all i was actually happy with it and very happy overall with our crowds this year given they were well on on average from last season.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do you guys think a close game like the one against the Tits is better for the casual Storm fan? In the sense that the excitement and drama of heading into Golden Point and barely scraping home is more likely to bring them back for more compared to a 20+ point flogging?

Us really passionate Storm fans hope for more than that and can be more critical of our performance but to the casual fan, do you think this type of game is the kind of thing to get someone hooked to the Storm wagon?
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would think so - close games in any sport are just more exciting, especially if they manage to go to extra time, and that sensation is increased further if the team you want to win gets the job done (even if it takes 27 attempts at field goal)

That said, a win by a huge margin could be as beneficial for 'casual fans' - it should be, and usually is, a time where you get to see some talented players do whatever they want out there.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

waveydavey wrote:Love this from Cartwright:
Asked about the call, a distraught Cartwright said: ‘‘It just cost us our season, didn’t it? I’m not a wealthy man, I’m not going to sit here and ... How he came up with the decision, I don’t know, I really don’t know. The refs on the field were shocked, the whole crowd were shocked. I’m emotionally drained. It’s heartbreaking. I’ve never felt like this, I don’t think, ever.’’
Of course it had nothing to do with the other 12 games they lost this season, no, no, just that one single decision. Here's a tip Mr Cartwright, become a better coach, win a few more games, then you don't have to rely on one decision costing you your season, and hopefully your job!!!
"I`m emotionally drained,its heartbreaking I`ve never felt like this ever" SO DRAMATIC. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: LOVE IT.
What a laugh. One rightful decision cost him his season.If the player hadn`t knocked it out of Billy`s hand then the ball wouldn`t have propelled forward like it did. I would have thought if he won a couple more games then they may have made the eight not just ONE decision ending his chances.
GET A GRIP CARTY.(or loosen the grip)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

"I`m emotionally drained,its heartbreaking I`ve never felt like this ever" SO DRAMATIC.
Like a mentioned earlier in this thread - GC DRAMA SCHOOL ::)
Good for his players - Good for da coach :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields