Rd 25 storm vs manly brookvale sat 31/8 7.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Brian
Squall
Squall

bula wrote:Hows Duffy travelling? That left defense is so bad at times.
I like Fonua but I think Duffy adds another dimension to our redzone attack.
I'm not too fussed. Manly had a point to prove as they hadnt beaten a top 4 side all year.

Lets just cop it on the chin and let Bellamy do his thing.
Duffie back next season, Was speaking with him at the VRL juniors gala day on Saturday down at Doveton
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Which Manly scumbag put the knees into O'Neill's back?
staticash
Squall
Squall

I am pretty sure it was Justin Horo but I wouldnt really call him a scumbag, it was more of a sh1t happens moment.

What a poor performance from our boys, very disappointing. I really hope we can get our sh1t together come finals time.

Last week I was just about to get myself a Grand final pack but I thought I would hold off another week or 2. Dont want to waste the money unless I am certain it will be us in the grand final. (After last nights performance I am not quite sure we will be there at the end)
S.W.A.S
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We're getting written off by "experts" and other fans again. :D
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:We're getting written off by "experts" and other fans again. :D
Writing off Melbourne?

Your going to have a bad time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
Writing off Melbourne?

We've had 'Bad Times' - This is a radar blip :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not much more to say that hasn't been said already, just put it behind us and move on. While i'm pissed off at the way we lost, i'm not really that fussed at all in regards to what it will do to our chances overall of winning the comp, if anything it might help by giving us a kick up the arse after possible getting a bit complacent with the big wins.

Let the fools up North right us off as they always seem to do and can only hope the other teams do as well. While it was a horror night and our worse for a long time i'm still more than confident we can win the comp.

P.S Credit where it's due the Scum were very good last night and fully deserved the win. They were ever bit as good as we were bad.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:
Writing off Melbourne?

We've had 'Bad Times' - This is a radar blip :twisted:
I think so too,I meant those who write the purple scum off are asking for an egg covered face and WILL justly receive one,its not an if but a when
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

toffee wrote:Does it pi@@ anyone else off that some players after the game don't even seem bothered that we lost? laughing and smiling whilst shaking hands, ordinary effort, although taking nothing away from Manly, far too good and I wish we had as much heart and showed as much aggression as they did.
Toffee... Whether we win or lose I am glad my Champion team shows good sportsmanship after the game.It is not going to change the results if our boys sulk and ignore the opposition.After every game the players mix and chat about the game and I wouldn`t want anything less. I don`t know why you would want anything different.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormy wrote:Toffee... Whether we win or lose I am glad my Champion team shows good sportsmanship after the game.It is not going to change the results if our boys sulk and ignore the opposition.After every game the players mix and chat about the game and I wouldn`t want anything less. I don`t know why you would want anything different.
THIS +
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
thunder
Squall
Squall

Seriously, if Fonua plays again this season which seems the case, we are doomed!
He is a massive weak link, with literally no ball control. I actually have him down as the competitions worst player - he would actually look extremely ordinary even at Parramatta!
I can't stand the way he plays, I cringe at his ball control and his cocky arrogance is a reason he is so poor. I think he believes all the hype the media and the spin doctors @ the Storm fluffed up and his ego is way bigger than his sub standard ability.
Mark my words he will cost us a game!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disagree. Fonua has some defensive issues but I think playing outside O'Neill on a number of occasions did not help this and his height can make him an easy target for a high ball, but other than that, I have no issue with the way he plays.

He plays with more enthusiasm and effort than most of the team. His runs out of our own end are inspiring and have directly lead to tries on a number of occasions. He gets fast play the balls away EVERY time he is tackled. Unfortunately the urgency to get those quick play the balls away have resulted in a few mistakes, but he is at least busting his ass. Personally, I prefer the players that are obviously trying their guts out and may come up with an error or two. Slater has done this throughout his career.

The big test for Fonua is to minimise the gap between his average games and his good games. I still think if Fonua is to get a regular first grade spot it will need to be in the centres (after a long NSW/QLD Cip stint) or off the bench into the backrow.

Competitions worst players is a big overstatement IMO and I cannot see where the arrogance claim comes from. If anything, his confidence will be down after losing a semi-regular spot to Bobby Blair.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fonua the worst player in the comp :lol: Clearly you haven't watched Ben Roberts play ? Or many of the backs who play at the Sharks. Maranta from Brisbane has been awful in his time in FG too.

Cocky arrogance ? WTF are you watching ? Seriously ?

Mahe is clearly a player out there enjoying himself. Every time the camera is on him you see him smiling. He's just your typical islander player, at times they look so casual they look disinterested.

I think this season has been a big learning experience for him. He clearly looks like he's worked on a few things with the coaching staff and his time in the Q Cup. Looks really good in the games I've seen him play for Easts.

If he can learn to control his emotions and get the mistakes out of his game he'll be in the Storm team for a long time. Only concern still is his defence. Which is the same with all of our younger backs atm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Could always by junior sau...we started with him at the start of the year...he played qcup on the weekend after coming back from injury
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's not really a winger.