Rd 24: Storm vs Eels - Aami Park Sunday 25th August

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Round 24 already, hard to believe.

Interesting game this one. Playing a lower ranked team this late in the season probably isn't a great tune up for the boys before the finals but hopefully we stick to our game plans and walk away with the 2 points.

Top 2 finish still in range but really it seems we'll be either 3rd or 4th.

Let's do this.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Top 2 finish would be sensational...it just sucks that it's out of our hands - the boys could win every game, but we still have to wait to see how rabbitohs/manly go.

This is another one of those 'don't get complacent' games....I'm sure the eels motivation now would be to try and cause dents in other teams finals chances/positions. I'm sure the guys will all be up for it - but most of all I hope their performances continue to go to the next level. It looks now, as it has done in previous years, that like a well trained horse and jockey combo, the champion quality is coming to the front at the right time.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we have to play Manly, so if we win every game, 3rd is the worst we'll finish. It's up to Souths if that's how it finishes. Given they play the Roosters last round that could go either way, but they are 3 points clear of us now, so would need to lose to the Bulldogs this week to give us any real chance of finishing 2nd. That origin period will cost us finishing top 2.
As for this week, hopefully we don't go in just expecting things to happen. We need to focus on ball control and running our plays after earning field position to prepare us for semi final football
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Parra have a tendency to play their seasons-best game against us, so will be a tough game. Ladder positions mean nothing on Sunday

But if the boys are switched on from kickoff I can see us giving them a hiding like we did Canberra a few weeks ago.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would love to see either Tohu or Kenny start at lock and Hinchy to the bench.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Parra at 12 bucks on Sportingbet. Storm $1.01.

I'm tempted to put 100 on the eels....
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:This is another one of those 'don't get complacent' games....
Spot on. A couple of rounds out from the finals, complacency is inexcusable.

Whilst the first half against the Knights was disappointing in a few areas, it was great to see two important things;

1. Completions were high. We didn't throw stupid passes or put ourselves under additional unwarranted pressure.

2. We kept our composure for the most part. We were being completely dominated in the forward battle but we didn't panic and resort to low percentage trick shots from our own end like we did for a period earlier this year. We kept plugging away and kicking long until the tide turned.

These two things are the Storm of old and show a real experienced, level headed approach to games.

If we can keep doing these throughout the remainder of 2013, I am confident we will push all teams.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i know we had a slow start against the Knights, history says especially in recent years that the longer turn around between games the longer it takes us to kick into gear. For whatever reason the shorter the turn around the the better we go, it was 9 days on this occasion and i think it showed.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our slow start on Sunday could also be attributed to Bellamy granting the Origin representatives a few days of training during the week leading up to the game. The good news is that was their final rest of the season.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Parra at 12 bucks on Sportingbet. Storm $1.01.

I'm tempted to put 100 on the eels....

You might as well just burn it Les...or give it to me ;)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm will be up for this game from the outset.I predict we will have our first try within the first 3 minutes.There won`t be any complancey in the team on Sunday.
Give your hundred to Lort Smith Animal Home Lesstar instead of giving it to Tom.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:Storm will be up for this game from the outset.I predict we will have our first try within the first 3 minutes.There won`t be any complancey in the team on Sunday.
Give your hundred to Lort Smith Animal Home Lesstar instead of giving it to Tom.
I generally don't bet....actually I never bet. But if I did I'd never give it to that little ferrett.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anyone heard if anybody stayed behind from the state leagues that might get a late call up? I know that Tonumaipeia, Auva'a and Moors played NSW Cup today as they all scored, but, I couldn't tell you anyone else.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just saw on Twitter by Easts that Garbett is out and Fonua in.