Neil Henry

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like Neil Henry is being touted as a possible replacement for Kev Walters as assistant coach.
Certainly would bring a lot of tactical ability to the role. Wonder how he would work with Bellamy?

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 2rwuz.html
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It'd be convenient for him. Pretty sure his daughter lives down here as well. She worked with a couple of my friends once upon a time.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be more than happy to have him on board as an assistant. i'm sure he'll work fine with Bellyache, i mean who'd want to get on his bad side? lol But seriously a head coach is the boss and an assistant is just that and i'm sure him helping would be beneficial to our club. If it didn't work for any reason i'm sure he'd be moved on.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

cowboys have said neil henry has not been to melbourne for any interviews and its another false media report
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That might be true but at the same time WTF does it have to do with the Cowboys and why are they commenting? They've wiped their hands with the bloke next season so have no idea why they'd feel the need to comment on a job he may or may not take up next year.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ironically, Kevvie Walters is now being linked as going to the Cowboys next year. According to Sterlo this has come from "bookmakers who drive Rolls Royces- meaning they usually get it right".
Kevvie didn't comment, saying his focus was on getting Storm to the finals.

If Craig thinks Henry's good for the job then he'll be good for the job.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

craig said on thursday footy show that after his current contract he wont be coaching anymore, he doesnt want to coach against the club so he doesnt see coaching in his future.

take neil in as assistant for the next 3 years. then do a transition phase because god knows in 3 years cam, coops and slater will well on the wrong side of 30years old and the limited playing time they have left plus our senior coach leaving all at once will be huge adjustment period

or after reading that i now think go for a young coach and give him a shot of recruiting and growing the roster.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Storm have promoted development coach Adam O'Brien to replace Kevin Walters as assistant coach.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

the new owners said they were cutting costs, they wouldnt then go out and buy an experienced coach as an assistant
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6698791580

I actually really like adam...I've had a few convos with him seems like the right fit
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

In his book, Bellamy gives huge raps to David Kidwell and notes Billy Slater to have excellent coaching attributes.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am glad we are looking within to fill a vacancy. We need to take the same steps as we did 10 years ago to replicate our success.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like Kidwell is also moving on if reports are to be believed. While i'm sure we'll find a capable replacement it's not really ideal to lose two assistants at the same time.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Craig gets more of a challenge teaching assistant coaches more then the players he coaches