Rd 23: Knights V Storm - Hunter Stadium Sun 18th August

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormdolls wrote:In reference to your paragraph on PENALIES the count may have been 10-2 against the storm but they only had THEMSELVES to blame 8 of them were for kidstuff 6 for holding down 2 for raking the ball out
Holding down penalties are cut and dry now are they? Pretty sure they are determined by the referees opinion. Much like one where Ryles was penalised for "kid stuff" holding down when the Knights player intentionally trapped his arm so he could not clear the ruck.
stormdolls wrote:don't say the referees tried to even up,giving us 2 of our own those 8 were legitimate Storm induced
Pretty sure I am entitled to an opinion but thanks for playing :)
stormdolls wrote:look a little closer next time.(Will take into consideration that after all you are from ADALAIDE) (L.O.L.)
I currently live in Adelaide. Note the spelling. Look a little closer next time or learn to spell ;)
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

100% sin bin for cooper.

That said, the moment it happened I went red with anger, expecting him to be marched - thinking about the last few weeks when worse than that against us was let slide...and thinking about how this place would blow right up about it (myself included). Still, fact remains, that was a professional foul - and it feels good to get one back!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk didn't get binned because the big 3 are a protected species :lol:

I can't believe people actually think that. lima lima lima duck idiots.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

HMM ? According to Bennett our penalties are deliberate ?
Although I think he's brave throwing rocks from inside that glass cage :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What team wants to make more tackles than what they'd usually have to do ? Just because Bennett's team offer nothing in attack doesn't mean he should be calling out other teams.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:
stormdolls wrote:In reference to your paragraph on PENALIES the count may have been 10-2 against the storm but they only had THEMSELVES to blame 8 of them were for kidstuff 6 for holding down 2 for raking the ball out
Holding down penalties are cut and dry now are they? Pretty sure they are determined by the referees opinion. Much like one where Ryles was penalised for "kid stuff" holding down when the Knights player intentionally trapped his arm so he could not clear the ruck.
stormdolls wrote:don't say the referees tried to even up,giving us 2 of our own those 8 were legitimate Storm induced
Pretty sure I am entitled to an opinion but thanks for playing :)
stormdolls wrote:look a little closer next time.(Will take into consideration that after all you are from ADALAIDE) (L.O.L.)
I currently live in Adelaide. Note the spelling. Look a little closer next time or learn to spell ;)
hey stormdolls just cos we live in sadelaide doesn`t mean we don`t know the rules..And we do know how to spell penalties.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

bennet always whinges about Storm, started back when Storm always beat the broncos..what a sook he is. I have no respect for bennet.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

critisising the spirit we play in when your side has been caught watering the ball is a bit much, that'll do me for taking any notice of him ever again
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:critisising the spirit we play in when your side has been caught watering the ball is a bit much, that'll do me for taking any notice of him ever again
Spot on!!

What a wanker Bennett is. He's achievements aren't that notable anyway. At the Broncos he basically coached the QLD State of Origin side to 9 or whatever GF's. he should actually be criticised for not winning the others with such a star-studded squad.
Then he went to the Dragons and bought another GF, because Gallop was too gutless to review their salary cap in 2010.
Now he's at Newcastle going nowhere because he's actually got to earn it because it can no longer be bought.

(Don't take too much notice of the above, just as I don't take too much notice of Bennett)
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

STORMY/YOURHERO

Well done on picking up the spelling mistakes!.YOU BOTH PASSED THE ADELAIDE TEST.

Talk soon. :fla_england: :fla_england:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Cooper had to go to the bin. Running across and shielding a player out of a kick chase is one thing, but he tackled him. Couldn't possibly have been a penalty try, but was absolutely a professional foul in my opinion. We'd be going off deluxe if that happened to us and nobody was sent to the bin.

I don't think we always give away deliberate penalties, but there was one that Cam gave away on our line which I said to the old man at the time was deliberate to get our line set as we have total confidence in our ability to hold them out. 2 tackles later Waqa took their winger into touch so it certainly paid off
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

steaming stormer wrote:We'd be going off deluxe if that happened to us and nobody was sent to the bin.
Two games in a row Justin O'Neil had professional fouls against him. First was a certain try V Bulldogs, the other one was V Warriors
No penalty try and no sin bin on each occasion.

So yes, we have gone off deluxe!!
Looks like the refs are showing some consistency on this area. Consistently wrong, but consistent all the same
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:the refs are showing some consistency on this area. Consistently wrong, but consistent all the same
:lol: That seems as good as we can hope for!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:We'd be going off deluxe if that happened to us and nobody was sent to the bin.
Two games in a row Justin O'Neil had professional fouls against him. First was a certain try V Bulldogs, the other one was V Warriors
No penalty try and no sin bin on each occasion.

So yes, we have gone off deluxe!!
Looks like the refs are showing some consistency on this area. Consistently wrong, but consistent all the same
This..
The two against Juzzie was far worse than the boyd incident.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hi Stormdolls..Keilor East my old stomping ground.great place to live.