Rd 23: Knights V Storm - Hunter Stadium Sun 18th August

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

toffee wrote:Does anyone know if there are any pubs in Melbourne that will be showing this game live?
It's a channel 9 game so the only way you'd be able to see it live is if you lived overseas.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not much build up to this game at all.

Guess it is nice to be back in the winners circle, only concern atm is when Blair comes back.

We still have a massive chance of a top 2 finish.
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote:
toffee wrote:Does anyone know if there are any pubs in Melbourne that will be showing this game live?
It's a channel 9 game so the only way you'd be able to see it live is if you lived overseas.
Bl@@dy channel 9! was thinking it might of been shown on that Imparja feed
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Absolutely hate Sunday away channel 9 games with a passion. Nothing worse than having to wait until 4pm to watch while resisting the urge to have a squizz at the scores online. It's my birthday on Sunday which i can't stand at the best of times but a win from the boys would be the best possible present and and make the day more than bearable.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tipping Melbourne 24 - Knights 16 in a close one.

Although another 64 point win would be just lovely, I don't see it. The Knights have started to find some consistency. They lost to the Roosters in Rd 20 but aside from that, they haven't lost since Rd 14 when we beat them... by 2 points... at home.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have a different mindset in Rd 23 than in rd 14.We are past the horror SOO, and are playing as a Storm team that we all know and love. I expect a good win.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

maurice blair has been cleared by storms medical staff to play this sunday..
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattystorm1987 wrote:maurice blair has been cleared by storms medical staff to play this sunday..
its good news, he is lucky he only missed 1 game
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea Bellyache mentioned that in his presser. All up to how he feels after today's run apparently. Need him to be fit up against Gagai and Uate.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

We've had a (pretty much) full training squad for 3 weeks now. The Knights don't stand a chance!!
Storm by 30+
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:It's my birthday on Sunday which i can't stand at the best of times but a win from the boys would be the best possible present and and make the day more than bearable.
Hope the result is especially good for you (and the rest of us) on your birthday - we lost 39-0 on my birthday! :(
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol cheers mate, what a shitty result on your birthday though we did have a player or 4 missing which didn't help. I was quietly confident about winning against Raiders and Souffs the last couple weeks but this week not as much. I do think we're more than good enough to win and will get home in a close one but up there and the way the opposition has been playing we'll really need to show up to beat them.

Lets hope i'm wrong and we absolutely smash them! Though even a point will do.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I will be playing in a Semi Final during the game, so I won't be able to watch this on the 1 hour delay.
Hopefully watching the replay with a celebratory beverage and a win (for my team and the Stom).
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the game will be shown on gem according to the tv guide.It is even being shown here in sadelaide .
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

on a 1 hour delay though, nrl are p...weak not forcing them to show it live!