Rnd 22: Storm Vs Souths - Aami Park Friday 9th August.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sadly Souffs are not the benchmark. It's the Roosters that are the team to beat. We beat them fairly easily earlier in the year but gee they'd be hard to knock over at this rate..
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Roosters are definitely the benchmark out of the teams we have to beat but i'm more than confident if we play to our best or close to it then we can beat any team in the comp. Of course that's easier said than done and still have to produce it, but so does every other team to take the premiers title off us.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be honest, this is the performance I expected last week. The Origin guys have really only been back at training for 2 weeks. We will most likely continue to be a bit sloppy for a couple more weeks. We don't want to be peaking now... Just slowly build, work on completions/combinations and be ready to unleash week 1 of the finals.

Sydney media are reacting as expected. They could have (and probably did), had the stories written before kick-off.

Souths win - Title on track, will only be better when players get back, blah blah blah.

Souths lose - Injuries are the only reason. Winning doesn't matter, will be unstoppable come finals... etc.

Average performance by us almost entirely due to poor ball control. I have never seen a game where so many hands on the ball have gone without a single penalty but I digress...

I'll be happy if the Bunnies can knock off the scum next week in a flogging. Will give us a chance to move ahead and hopefully close the gap in for and against... Finishing third needs to be a priority. I like our chances in Syd week 1 against Souths.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't give much credence to what Sydney media says. Last year during the finals series before every game they said the opposition full back (GI, Stewart and Barba) were going to show they had all passed Billy as the best full back.Neither of them did. Before GF, Bulldogs had supposedly been more impressive than us in the finals even though we beat the same two teams in the finals.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Don't forget what a shitty day it was yesterday. Greasy ball and pitch would've attributed to most of the handling errors.
It's been a pretty mild winter really, so the wet ball conditions have not been practiced nearly as much as you'd expect.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sterlo still talking the same old crap today over Souths. No mention of how below par Melbourne were, it's all about how good they should feel about the result :lol:
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sterlo should know better tbh. One of the more savvy commentators.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still yet to see a clear replay of the Souths player not being put into touch either. Guess nein don't wanna show it.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

good win, a momentum builder. we haven't peaked or even close so the sydney media is scared of whats coming

waqa and chambers are is brilliant form, its allowing slater to cruise through games and let his knee recover more.

coops should have the dally m wrapped up now
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:coops should have the dally m wrapped up now
Was only thinking of the dally m in the last day or so. Cronk, Mullen and Carney all seem to be the ones to beat. Cronk has a fight on his hands.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just remember the strike rate for players who win the Dally M going on to win the premiership in the same year is pretty dreadful. Happy for coops to not win the Dally M ;p
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Today Daily Telegraph has Carney, Thurston as the ones to beat
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great point about sisa and will stepping up and taking some burden off slater - they have both been incredibly solid....it's hard not to love sisa more every single week!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The butthurt of some souffs fans over at league unlimited is hilarious.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon