Storm signs Penrith's Robinson

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

for those of you that dont get the emails:

Storm secure Robinson

Melbourne Storm has today announced the signing of exciting Penrith Panthers speedster Travis Robinson, adding vital speed and versatility to their 2014/2015 playing roster.

The 26-year old South Sydney junior ironically made his NRL debut against Melbourne Storm in round 22 last year and has continued to impress the right people with his form this season.

Melbourne Storm Director of Football Frank Ponissi has today confirmed the signing.

“Travis brings some really important assets to our club, in particular genuine pace and a versatility to play fullback, wing and centre,” Ponissi said.

“We strongly believe he has a very bright future, especially with the systems and structures we have in place and the players we have signed to play around him.”

Robinson will complete his commitments with the Penrith Panthers before joining Melbourne Storm for pre-season training in November.

Travis Robinson
- Age – 26
- Position – Wing, centre and fullback
- Previous Clubs – Cronulla, Penrith
- International Honours – Lebanon 2009 European Cup
- NRL Games – 9
NRL Debut – Rd 22, 2012, Panthers v Storm
- Weight – 90kg
Height – 180cms
personally i think he will be a fitting replacement for bobby blair
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Older than I thought. Good signing, hopefully he can grab a spot in the backline fulltime.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Again with the constant recruitment of outside backs...though with Blair and Sau moving on it may be a good move. O'Neill and Robinson on that side of the field would be deadly!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:O'Neill and Robinson on that side of the field would be deadly!
In speed, I agree but I don't think either one is big enough or strong enough to play centre. If this signing is with the idea in mind to move Juz to the centres full time I will be disappointed as he has cleary shown that he is a quality winger and rubbish centre.

Will be interesting to see where he plays.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is a worry if they still think Juzzy is a centre.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You guys forget when Chambers started he was also a rubbish centre along with Willie Isa....it takes time to develop into a quality centre i think Robinson has the good...he also has the speed and can sniff out a try..Sau is not a big loss and to be honest Bliar has been up and down in his career and just becasue he is playing well this season doesn't mean that will continue..i think this is a quality signing he can play centres or juzzy can play centres...i wonder how matt duffie will go next year??? we also have Fanua and Sisa so I think we will have good depth in the backs next year...now to recruit a 5/8
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I read that arse about face..... "Penrith sign Storms' Robinson" - I was about to question their recruitment decisions :)
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Peter Robinson?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I may have been at AAMI park this morning picking up a jersey and I may have accidentally ran into junior sau who may have introduced me to Travis...

I think I can Offically say OMG travis is hot up close and quite possibly the first storm fan to meet him haha...at least he signed b4 I could scare him away
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't mean to scare anyone but I do recall billy stating that a move to 5/8 could be on the cards for him next year. I don't want him there but we could see something along the lines of

1 Robinson
2 waqa
3 chambers
4 o neil
5 duffie
6 slater
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No, he never said that, it was all media speculation and it's basically already confirmed Hampton will play 5/8th.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He said it on the footy show about a month ago!! I was watching it when he said it. In his words" there is no chance of a move to 5/8 THIS year but that does not mean that it couldn't happen for next year. I (slater) have been doing a bit of work in that position over the past year".. I'm not saying its going to happen but they were HIS words mate..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think he looked or sounded interested in doing it.

And it's already been said we have faith in Hampton coming in at 5/8th here - http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 2qrmj.html
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:Peter Robinson?
Yep :) I wouldn't have been surprised had the rabbitohs of been the team mentioned as signing him though :P
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't think he looked or sounded interested in doing it.

And it's already been said we have faith in Hampton coming in at 5/8th here - http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 2qrmj.html

Mate. I'm not saying I want this to happen!!! I'm happy for Hampton at 5/8.. I'm only stating an option that we could see. Chill out..