Member Recognition

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For those that have recieved the email, Storm are looking to personalise membership cards with the amount of years you have been a consecutive member.

I think its about time, I see Hawks members at the AFL get personalised scarfs and wear them proudly boasting about their 20,30,40 year commitment etc...

However, Make sure you fill in the form if the details are wrong. I believe since they changed the member number system when AAMI was introduced they may have lost track of people.

Ive been a member consecutively since 2001 as a junior and they only had from 2012 so just double check!

Will look forward to getting the 14 years put on my card next year
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was going to start a thread on this as well. I was wondering what was going on as i've been a member since 1998 yet they only had me on record as being one since 2008. I've also had the same member number since then so i thought they'd have it on record seeing as it hasn't changed. Though i agree it's a good idea to recognize the members contribution whether it be for 1 year, 16 years and everything in between.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had to get my year changed too, I've been since '07 but they only had me down as '11.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I wonder how many years Cherry poppins has been a member.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yes absolutely check them, I have been a member since 1998, but they have me from 2008 :evil: not happy about that ???
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Me too - Been a member since 1999, but they have me from 2008. Looks like any memberships before 2008 don't exist :(
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Freeze wrote:Me too - Been a member since 1999, but they have me from 2008. Looks like any memberships before 2008 don't exist :(
I'm guessing changes in level,etc may have muddied things up ?

Mine says 1998,which is accurate - think it arrived by the 2nd home game ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Interesting that my membership pass doesn't say what year I've been a member since (I've been a member since 2000, so that is going to be 15 consecutive seasons next year). I can't remember if I filled in the space which said how long I've been a member since.

I also think that some people's membership years are not what they should be because membership numbers have changed over time.
thunder
Squall
Squall

I believe a disgruntled employee wiped the clubs entire data base out in 2007 so even if you've been a member from day 1, it will show up as 2008.
I've been a member from day 1 yet my email came up as 2008.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

thunder wrote:I believe a disgruntled employee wiped the clubs entire data base out in 2007 so even if you've been a member from day 1, it will show up as 2008.
I've been a member from day 1 yet my email came up as 2008.
HMM ?
I guess this means my 'data' must have been old style then
ie : stored on a bit of paper somewhere :twisted:
Below is the current information that we have listed in your membership account based on information previously provided to us.

Member Number: 1621
Member Name: Mr George Fairclough
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
thunder
Squall
Squall

Yes, that's right. The memberships that weren't done over the phone survived as they were stored manually as well.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So if I didn't get an email then . . .

I'm glad they are looking at this. I think this is very important to members and the club seem to have had no sense of this with new member numbers etc.

The missing data seems to make sense to.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's obviously not a problem for everyone. I too have been a member since 1998 and the records showed me as such. Now if only I could get my membership number down from four to three figures..... ;)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I joined in 2000 and it had me listed as 2012... slightly out!
Run Sika Run
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Never mind putting 1998 on my card.
All that`ll do is remind me of the good old days at olympic park.Standing in the rain with the other 7,000 storm fans. :lol: