Round 20 vs NZ Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ouch, lazy effort by Sisa , and this is coming from the President of SWAS!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Might as well get rid of the penalty try rule. If THAT isn't a penalty try, nothing is. Absolute rubbish decision. Should be 10-all.

Slater has been rubbish. His two early mistakes got the Warriors out to a 10-0 lead then his effort on Leului (sp?) was amateur.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Locke not even on report. If it was Slater he'd have been crucified. Should be 18-10.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes would have thought without the knees that Justin scores. Refs must be oblivious to the rules when it comes to Justin.

Five errors in the first half is poor, poor defence by Vave, Ryles and Slater on Leuluai
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Luke Patton would be given the sack immediately if we were a Sydney club. That's 2 certain penalty try's in the past 2 games to go against O'Neil by Luke Patton.
Disgraceful
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Poor.

Finch is uselss too. Offers us nothing.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That top 4 finish is looking shaky.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I won't get too upset about losing to the warriors.

Keep in mind this is a team that also cheated the salary cap, missed the finals in their first season due to not abiding by interchange rules, has a sook of a captain, a shit coach, has a do nothing marquee player who points the wrong way after scoring a try and in close to 20 years in the comp has nothing in their trophy case except a minor premiership won by default.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Missed opportunities from the Storm. I don't see the point of having Slade on the bench. Can anyone enlighten me about that?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

That game was played at such a speed a lot of it is a blur. Warriors played probably their best game of the season and we still only lost by a narrow margin so I wouldn't be too disheartened. Cameron Smith missing that penalty goal halted our momentum and we couldn't seem to fully regain it. On to the Raiders. Hopefully we can inflict their first home defeat of 2013 on them next Sunday.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our forwards let us down big time today, and I hope that's the last time we have Griffin (a utility) on the bench this season. We are a much better side when we carry four big boppers on the interchange.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We can be so frustrating to watch. Our defence has turned to crap although it has its moments. We might struggle making the top 4 atm.

Slade on the bench was a waste too.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can't understand not playing Jordan McClean. He's been awesome for us.

Hopefully after a few training sessions with our 4 origin players back on deck will have us executing better.
There were some very promising signs out there today in attack and defence. But many were overshadowed by some very poor execution and sloppy mistakes.
Next week will be tough, but I reckon we'll be unstoppable against the Bunnies the following week.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The 40/20's by Coops and then by Smith were just brilliant, so were the set plays off the scrum win on both occasions. Unfortunately the 2nd didn't result in points.

Will Chambers speed to chase down and stop a certain try after the break was also brilliant.

Bobby was great, again. As was Sisa- his run down the touch line which led to a try was great.

Unfortunately our forwards got severely out-muscled. They just made metres way too easily, particularly in that first half.

How Justin O'Neil's attempt wasn't a penalty try just beggars belief.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

so a guy falling over the line to score gets knees from the fullback.... penalty but not penalty try? whats the wording on that rule?